Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #21 
bettaloverforever16

I' so sorry, you did your best. It was probably because of the microworms he was given, or because some fry just pass. At least now he's not in pain. :(
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry you lost one of your babies. S/he had a good home for the short time s/he was with you. I hope the other two continue to do well.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #23 
Wyvern

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I was sad to loose one, but so glad its only been one.

Update time :D

I am pleased to report back the other two are healthy, growing, swimming AND they are turning metalic blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are still very tiny, but today I decided they are growing so nicely that its time for a change of scenery for them. I got one of those breeder nets, set it up in my 10g which is gonna be their home eventually (if they are girls :P). Then I placed them in a cup that was half filled with their water and half the new tanks water. (but I have been adding some of the 10g water to their QT tank since day one to get them used to it)

I floated their cup in the net for a good hour, adding more and more of the new tank water. They are now swimming free in the net, teasing the guppies with their yummy bloodworms that the guppies cant get to in the net :D

I added some hornwort that I got free yesterday to the net just so that they still have some cover. I promise to get some pics of them next week - I think it will be easier in the net than it was in the little tank.

Main reason for doing this is to get them used to some light, as well as the current in the 10g. They are not directly in the current but it does move their water more than what they are used to.

They are going to be beautiful. If they are both males I suspect I will keep one and my brother will take the other one.

In the mean time my LFS has been ordered to get some girls in for me!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #24 
Creat

Ha ha cant wait for photo's !
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #25 
Wyvern

And finally some photos, will try to get better ones but these buggers can move!

At this point Im guessing the bigger one of the two might be male, cant be sure yet they are still small. As you can see the colour is slowly coming in but at this point I have no idea, on the photos you see the red in the tails not sure it that is vein aka blood or that their tails are turning red with the blue shimmer.

The one is a greedy pig and tends to eat loads fast, the other one gets more than enough food tho. He/she is just growing slower since that one was the tiny one at about 5mm when I got it. They are both now over 1cm and heading to the 1,5 - 2cm fast as in I can see the growth now daily! So yay me Im doing something right :P

Considering how tiny they where and that Ive only lost one Im very chuffed with myself :D

Oh and ignore the food bits you see its the only way I can get them to go to the corner of the breeding net to let me take pics :P I waited till feeding time to con them in that spot. So far no real aggression, some chasing altho both take turns.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #26 
Creat

AW there so cute! Your so lucky I love watching babies grow <3
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, cute fishies!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #28 
Wyvern

Hehehe thanks guys, its rather amazing for me to watch these guys grow and by how much they grow every day. Its rather scary! Im now more curious to see what they are boys or girls or boy girl. Plus im dying to see their colours!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #29 
Wyvern

Ok so today I took a leap. My one boy/girl is in the 10g for better or worse. He is sharing it with some guppies and snails. So far so go, an hour in and he is still expolring the world. Maybe you lot can help me decide what his colours are?!? Ive kinda started calling him Skye. Since at the moment the mix of colours looks like an evening sky here.

The new space (excuse the messy look, im giving my plants some time before I rearrange it all again :P)

Checking up on my friend in the net.

Exploring this HUGE world

His brother or sister is still in the net, want to give him/her time to grow a little more since its a bit more stunted in growth than the bigger one.

You can see Skye has a blue shimmer over his body and most of his tail. Altho some red on the tail and near his gills.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #30 
bettaloverforever16

Make sure if you put them in the 10 gallon together you get two more females. They'll fight to death if you don't, even if they're sibilings.
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote