Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #1 
Impolite

Heater Suggestions

ok, I know I need a new heater, today my tank was at like 70 degrees! I freaked out and turned the fan off and put a lamp over it, and by the time I left it was around 72. I have this little strip looking heater thing, and I need a new one because I'm going to try to start a betta sorority :) I am going to get some plants today (anubias and java fern) and maybe a piece of driftwood, along with a new filter piece because I'm introducing a new filter, but, anyways, what is the best cheap heater?
Its for a 10 gal, btw

I dont want to spend TOO much, because I'm pressed for money already
I want a nice, standard heater that will do the job. :) and preferibly a well known brand, probably from petsmart.
Listthe name and the price, please :)
Impolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #2 
Pitluvs

Just from personal experience, I have a 2-15gal Tetra Submersable (sp) heater and I hate it. It nearly cooked my fish (it's supposed to shut off at 78F, it was 86F). This wouldn't be a good heater for fish that need higher temps. Anyways, it was cheap ($11) and I just wanted to let you know to avoid it lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #3 
Impolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Just from personal experience, I have a 2-15gal Tetra Submersable (sp) heater and I hate it. It nearly cooked my fish (it's supposed to shut off at 78F, it was 86F). This wouldn't be a good heater for fish that need higher temps. Anyways, it was cheap ($11) and I just wanted to let you know to avoid it lol
I hear tetra sucks big time!!! I keep a close eye on my tanks, but I wouldn't be able to watch it constantly to watch the heat.
that's insane though! D:< dont you think they'd try to fix their product?
Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #4 
Pitluvs

This was at night time, I couldn't watch the tanks while I slept haha I have to go without heaters until I find something suitable here. Until then, my room is on sauna.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #5 
Impolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
This was at night time, I couldn't watch the tanks while I slept haha I have to go without heaters until I find something suitable here. Until then, my room is on sauna.
Mine too! 79 at all the time!
So, my tank usually stays around 74-76. That what it usually reads. and sometimes if i go in and out a lot (I have a door in my room) its like at 80 :P
but, seriuosly, its hot