Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #1 
Frodo Bagfins

hasn't eaten for over a month

Well Finnius is still alive. It's been 5 weeks since he last ate. His left gill is still damaged and the white mucosa comes out of both gills. He seems to have a solution to this by flailing above the 1 inch of water so that the air doesn't come out of the left gill in bubbles. I am so tired of my mom being anxious over it. I feel like it's my fault because the one time that I didn't but his dechlorinator in for a few seconds and then a week later he was sick. I wish he would just go soon. It's stressing me out (because of my mom).
Frodo Bagfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #2 
Sakura8

Hi Frodo. Gotta say I am surprised Finnius is still with us in the land of the living. If you feel that he's never going to recover and that he may be suffering, it might be time to consider euthanization.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #3 
BettaFishRule

If you end up ethenizing then get some clove oil it will kill him harmlessly
BettaFishRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #4 
Sakura8

Yeah. The fastest and most humane way to euthanize is the hardest one to carry out, and that's decapitation. Clove oil is probably the most popular choice here on the forum so you should be able to find instructions on how it works. Do not ever flush a fish down the toilet or freeze it or boil it. Those are all considered inhumane methods in which the fish suffers before it finally dies.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote