Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #1 
Johnificent

How to take pictures?

I used to take photos of my bettas with my dad's iphone, but his iphone was full of my fishy photos! so, im not using it anymore. :P sadly, i dont have any professional cameras or "high quality" ones :( so i was wondering how to take clear pictures of your bettas! i've been trying to for the past week, but everything was either too blurry or you couldn't see the betta's colors at all. help please?
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #2 
Amitisti

http://www.bcbetta.com/pic.html
this one is beyond complicated for taking pics. but...some of the tips can be translated to cheap ways to improve your pic quality.
I would think the 4 most important things are light, macro, camera stability and patience
Amitisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #3 
fishman12

Yeah, yurn macro (the flower) on. Really helps.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #4 
Johnificent

thanks guys! i will try my best! :D
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #5 
elijahfeathers

I'm not a camera person at all. I love using the macro feature for taking pics of my fish, but sometimes flash distorts colors, especially on those with metallic scales. When I turned off flash my pictures were super blurry, though! So I had to fiddle with a setting called IOS, and pump it up. Really high IOS = grainy pics. Really low = blurry, but if you can find the right medium you get good pics that had the colors you see in your tank.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #6 
Serafina

It might help to shine a bright light into the aquarium so you don't have to rely on the flash as much. The light will help stop the action of the fish, otherwise any movement including your own will likely blur the image. Another thing you could try is to set the camera on a surface so it's completely stable. You could stack books or come up with another way to imitate a tripod.

Good luck :)
Serafina is offline   Reply With Quote