http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1309322708

How about this female for my Naran?
HD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #22 
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
That site is really helpful!
bettalover: hi lol I'm glad you liked the site, it was a complete accident finding it but i thought it would make sense to put it on here for others to read, it's interesting because when you buy from an established breeder who has show standard fish, you know what colours that is and what its parents and its granparents looked like, I prefer the luckydip bettas you find in the fish shop!you never quite know which way it's gonna go and the surprise almost always is the best part of breeding them!!!hd4life:i wasnt saying use colour charts my friend i was saying look at the more dominant colours and apply simple colour chart rules, for example:crowntail x plakat=75% ct 25% pk(roughly)

blue x red shouldcome out wih 50% purple 25% blue 25% red (roughly)simply because both red and blue are dominant genes so they both have to come out whaatever!
i know you say it takes people generations to get the right colour combinatios but i will say this; thats because they are just plain picky!!!
Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:11 AM   #23 
Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4life View Post

good choice hd4life, she shows butterfly patterns as well as being a gorgeous colour!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #24 
mernincrazy8525

but with that female her anal fin is long and her cadual fin isn't crisp. females are where fry get most of their form from so you need a perfect female. i suggest breeding him to a white female and the fry will be white orange and yellow.
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #25 
mernincrazy8525

like her
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1309759157
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #26 
Betty

Quote:

I just looked at the two pics, and the second one is nice, what i have noticed is it almost looks slightly like a spade tail gene is in there somewhere?granny or gramps maybe :P
Old 06-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #27 
HD4life

Ya it's going to be hard to find the right match, butin this case I want to be picky not experimental. I want the butterfly pattern to come thru and I want the orange to come though if possible. I guess I misunderstood what chart you were talking about Betty, sorry. Well my search is on lol
HD4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #28 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mernincrazy8525 View Post
but with that female her anal fin is long and her cadual fin isn't crisp. females are where fry get most of their form from so you need a perfect female. i suggest breeding him to a white female and the fry will be white orange and yellow.
If it were only that simple !!!??? With white means both carry cambodian genes which is more dominant so you'll get cambodian like colors. But with orange, though both will carry cambo genes, but the orange mutation is stronger so you'll have a better chance of getting orange fry.

@HD: Sometimes getting that "perfect" betta is close to impossible. I agree that you should be very picky in choosing, specially if you're going to pay dearly for it. But you may not get her .... well not in time to breed with your current male anyway (you only have one).

Since color is more difficult, I suggest you concentrate on that more than form. So if there is a female with deep orange color - consider it, as long as she doesn't have too many flaws (form). Then when you have a bunch of orange babies, you can selectively breed them plus/or search for "the perfect partner". You definitely can experiment more with orange then (breed to other colors).
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #29 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

Quote:

Oh my gosh! I have been litterally STALKING this female on aquabid....I love her so much :D Sorry that was rather off topic...but hey, who cares? ;)
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #30 
Betty

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ya it's going to be hard to find the right match, butin this case I want to be picky not experimental. I want the butterfly pattern to come thru and I want the orange to come though if possible. I guess I misunderstood what chart you were talking about Betty, sorry. Well my search is on lol
Lol understood, I will let you know if I see a good looking one, I understand the picky not experimental you should have some gorgeous babies, don't forget to tell me when you have the babies, I want the best one for myself!!!lol good luck!!!