Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #21 
MaggieLynn

oh they are lol i love it. luna is always so sweet at watches, nothing bothers them. It is cute currently they are all sleeping at the bottom of the tank.
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:35 AM   #22 
MaggieLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I love their names.
Thanks :) they just came to me, it took me over a day to name gail.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #23 
Sakura8

How sweet! I'm glad it's working out for you.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 AM   #24 
MaggieLynn

and i just had a scare, so im laying in bed and one of the tanks is low so the filter is loud so i turn it off. and im missing a fish im like oh great not again. after looking i think i see her under a plant like on the rocks so i wiggle the plant, nothing so then i decide to just tug on it and up comes a fish. they are sleeping in the weirdest spots and playing a game of extreme hide and seak lol
Old 07-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #25 
Sakura8

I know, whoever said fish were supposed to be relaxing never had the kinds of bettas we have. They loove to scare us, don't they? But I'm glad you found her and she's okay. Probably mad you woke her up but she'll get over it.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #26 
MaggieLynn

She wasnt happy but i didnt care. Sometimes i wonder what i was thinking getting 8 bettas, but they are fun. its a nice little hobby for me taking care of them.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #27 
flowerslegacy

I'm so happy for you!!! I loved having a bunch of girls in one tank. I've heard of so many people that have had success. I often wonder why my experience didn't work out :( From the moment they got together they attacked each other non-stop. It was awful!! But I don't plan on giving up. I'm a little scared to try again, but I'm thinking about *another* 10 gal and just buying sisters from the same fry. This time I'll be prepared to separate them. I think a wall of 5 gallon tanks would be awesome! Ha!
flowerslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #28 
Sakura8

DarkMoon, I've tried three times with the girls I have and today, they finally got it right. Each time before, they were out for carnage and blood, and now they finally are doing the normal sorority activities: chasing, hiding, nipping. So don't give up, it could just take several tries. That said, they all look like a lawnmower ran over them.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #29 
flowerslegacy

Sakura, Thank you for the encouragment! I have a loooove for the females now and I'm aching for another sorority. My husband is scared I'm going to start breeding :) Perhaps it was my comment about keeping some girls from the same fry . . . or did I say "my" fry?? Tee Hee
flowerslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 AM   #30 
Sakura8

Aaargh, sorry didn't mean to call you DarkMoon, flowerslegacy. Switching from thread to thread and I got lost.

And just think, it all starts with just one betta, then two, then a whoooole bunch of fry. I'm afraid I wouldn't get the genetics side of breeding. I'd probably just toss two in there and hope I got something pretty out of it. Not really a good way to breed.