Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2011, 01:42 AM   #31 
MaggieLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Aaargh, sorry didn't mean to call you DarkMoon, flowerslegacy. Switching from thread to thread and I got lost.

And just think, it all starts with just one betta, then two, then a whoooole bunch of fry. I'm afraid I wouldn't get the genetics side of breeding. I'd probably just toss two in there and hope I got something pretty out of it. Not really a good way to breed.
Yeah i would be the same with breeding, and my boyfriend thinks i have a problem. When i was at petsmart asking my mom is she would allow me one more betta (seeing as the cops probably think im growing weed from the spike of electricity use) and in the background hes like dont feed her addiction. my boyfriend is one of those its just a fish types. That will change when we have an apartment bahahahahahahahaha
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #32 
Sakura8

That's funny, the cops think you're growing weed. So you've got to get your boyfriend addicted to bettas too, simple as that.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #33 
flowerslegacy

No problem Sakura! I knew you were talking to me!
flowerslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #34 
MaggieLynn

my room has the most outlets to and i had to get a power strip. one three of the walls are the normal two plug outlets and on the fourth wall its a 6 plug outlet. i have a 6 plug power strip and a 3 plug mini thing in one out let and the 6 outlet has my stereo and tv and dvd player and reading light and so yeah out of all the outlets maybe only 3 are open =/ doesnt help each tank has a light, filter and heater so take that x4 lol and at petsmart today he said something about getting a 55 tank with a community and a betta. we would just need to find an apartment that has water included in rent lol
Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #35 
Sakura8

I'd love to be able to breed because I hear the best way to start a sorority is with sisters from the same spawn. Sigh, someday I'll have the space. I hope.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #36 
MaggieLynn

ARGH so i put them all in this big bowl while i clean their tank, or change the water. luna jumps out then gail is starting fights so i removed her then gloria started fighting so i have her in the net in the water so she is some what spereated. ugh. i still need to rinse plants i just bought ugh. you were right who ever did say fish are relaxing never had mine lol
Old 07-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #37 
Silverfang

glad to hear about your experiences, I'm in the "research" phase of things. I plan on starting a sorority in the fall (exact time depending on when I can get the tank set up properly). I know a breeder who has lots of females, so hopefully I can get a bunch from the same spawn, or at least a few siblings.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #38 
MaggieLynn

I wish you luck. I decided to wing it after i found out you can do sororities but so far so good lol just some fish playing extreme hide and seak and one jumping out of the holding container. they are a bunch of fun though
Old 07-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #39 
rswfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieLynn View Post
I wish you luck. I decided to wing it after i found out you can do sororities but so far so good lol just some fish playing extreme hide and seak and one jumping out of the holding container. they are a bunch of fun though
One of my friends has a sorority. She told me the other day that all of her female bettas sleep together at night. How cute is that! I'd like to start one, but it seems like you're either really lucky (like my friend), or really unlucky (extreme hide and seek doesn't sound fun to me, lol.)
rswfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #40 
TheBlueBettaFish

Lol you show get like 5 tanks (5 sororitys) and call one Delta Nu, Betas, Kappas, Thetas, and SigPhi. Lol...
TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote