Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #21 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Pssst....FYI... the First Bites food offer has been claimed!
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #22 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
yeah, but it's convenient XD and they have some cultured already.

They also sell a two types of daphnia, I wonder if fry would like the smaller one when their a little bigger....

Fry LOVE daphnia :D You just have to be careful that you don't feed them every single day, as they have a hard shell that can damage a betta frys digestive track :) I fed my fry with them once or twice a week, and my adult bettas love them too!
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #23 
Super Fish

CopperArabian - I am really looking forward to your spawn log. I want to try breeding without live food too.
Super Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #24 
Pitluvs

If we breed, we're using mostly non live food. I will offer some microworms at the begining and some BBS after the microworms but I have 4 types of dry starter food to try. Can't wait to see how it goes for you!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #25 
copperarabian

I hope it goes well, I'm only going to use the microworms as a last resort if they aren't eating the Betta starter or first bites so that other people who want to try this food(Artisons Betta and first bites) starter can use my spawn log. I'll use the microworms if I have to, but I'm hoping they do well without it.

I'm going to introduce the pair later this week, I can't wait :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #26 
MrVampire181

My guppies are lucky to get any type of food at all until they're adults. I just let them scavenge the scraps from the adults and bettas. My guppies grow quickly, breed fast and produce a ton of fry. I have a pregnant female right now who is going to drop any day now and the process will be repeated...although I might do some egg yolk with this drop.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #27 
Super Fish

Have you introduced your pair yet CopperArabian? I'm really excited to see how you do!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #28 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Fish View Post
Have you introduced your pair yet CopperArabian? I'm really excited to see how you do!
I couldn't decide on a pair so I've introduced two pairs XD They are looking pretty good so far, both the males (Vesuvius my HM copper dragon with red fins, and Glorfindel my HM Plakat red platinum dragon) have built great bubble nest and I've let both females in with them.

Glorfindel and Seras could spawn at any moment, but probably tomorrow since I'm turning off the light soon. Glorfindel will try to get Seras to go underneath the nest, and when she does she bows to him but he will start slapping her with his tail and eventually nip her fin which makes her dart back into the plants. I'm hoping he figures it out soon lol I can tell he just doesn't know what to do with her yet and becomes angry about it, I hope he figuires it out eventually, poor Seras is trying so hard and is being really patient with him.

Vesuvius and my still unnamed copper dragon need more time I think. Vesuvius is still working on the nest and the female has faint breeding bars and checks out the nest every once in a while but gets chased away lol

Here's pics of Glorfindel and Seras

The coppers are not good models at the moment lol Plus Vesuvius decided he wanted to make his bubble nest right on the middle of the plants (Instead of under the almond leaf lol) which makes it almost impossible to get god photos, he also managed to push the plants to the front of the tank and his nest is against the wall lol

Here's a bad photo of them O.o I'm going to try to get better photo's them at some point XD

Here's older photo's of the copper pair since the one above kinda sucks
I havn't seen him bite his tail so hopefully it will grow back :D unfortunately my HM red platinum

and the female copper dragon, she's not flaring in this photo
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #29 
lunawatsername

wow great pairs!! cant wait to see fry from these couples :)
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #30 
Super Fish

Can't wait to see what those pairs produce!