Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #1 
FunkyJelly

Betta Noob

Hey guys,

I got some questions about my Betta. I got him almost a week ago and put him in a 10 gallon tank with a heater and a filter. Temperature fluctuates between 77-83 degrees. I put a bunch of live plants and a cave and drift wood. He seems a lot more happier than when I got him. He's already making loads of bubble nests around the tank. I feed him pellets and blood worms. My question pertains more towards his personality. He seems very active swimming around everywhere checking things out all the time making nests...But as soon as I come around he kinda freaks out and seems paranoid. Sometimes he'll swim up to my face and check me out when I'm staring, but if make any movements he turns away really fast and hides somewhere. Doesn't really follow my finger as the other Betta's did at the store. Is he going to be extremely paranoid like that all the time or does it take time for him to get used to me? He'll seldom come to surface when I'm about to feed him. I want him to do tricks to. Like jump up and get the food from my finger. Also he's a bit smaller and slender from alot of the other Betta's I've seen at the store..Will he get bigger? Thanks.

Last edited by FunkyJelly; 07-02-2011 at 03:50 PM.
FunkyJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum....

He may need more time to adjust to the new environment and space....since everyone of these guys can vary in personality......its hard to say if he will ever come around.....however, give him some time and start conditioning him to come when called.....the way I do it...I will do a feeding tap.....two taps on the rim...not the glass....two taps on the rim at the same time I drop the food in...it usually takes my fry a week to condition them to the feeding tap and depending on the adult it can take a day to a week for conditioning...if you use live food-like mosquito larva they usually will come around much faster.......some are just more personable than other.....

Look forward to hearing more about him and seeing some pic of both the planted tank and Betta......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #3 
FunkyJelly

Pics

Attached Images

FunkyJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Beautiful.....nice find.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote