Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #21 
Punki

Could be. Yeah from what ive been reading shes probably less then a month old. I think Coet might be right, it found its way into the wrong tank through filtration lol. In 1 gallon im squinting and turning lights on and mostely just seeing her eyes then making out the rest of her, the video and camera seem to catch a shimmer the eye cant see so im getting my best view of her by zooming in on a pic lol
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:30 AM   #22 
coet

Poor thing. It can't be more than a few days old. Guppies barely get an inch long when they are fully grown. Tiny little things. I love them.
coet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:30 AM   #23 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coet View Post
That'll be okay for now, but you want to get it in a aquarium soon. Guppies are tropical so they need their water maintained similar to bettas. Luckily, guppies are so small when fully grown that you can keep them in >10g, unlike most tropicals, so if you don't want to go all out with a 10g you can get less.

I've never heard of feeding them mosquito larve, or Sea Monkeys. From what I know, Sea Monkeys are a form of brine shrimp. So, that's your call.

As far as her injuries, she should be okay. I keep saying she, but I don't know the prime age for sexing guppies. I just waited for mine to get color. Males get really bold and beautiful and the females stay kind bland, sorta like bettas. :)

Sakura; My store doesn't give free samples, ever. So sad. :(
What a bummer. I bought the Dip N Pour thing to use as a medication container and when I opened it, there was the packet of First Bites. Now it makes me want to breed my bettas or something.

Can you keep four or five guppies in a five gallon, coet?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:30 AM   #24 
Punki

I have a 3 gallon i just emptied and storaged because i JUST bought my bettas a 10 gallon, but my neighbor threw one out the next day coincidentally. Im not so sure i want a huge tank of guppies, but i dont want her to be lonely either.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #25 
Sakura8

If you weren't on the opposite side of the country, I'd say send her to me when she gets big enough to travel.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #26 
Punki

Ill refer to it as a her until i see different lol, it feels right for now since its so small and dull XD Wow, a few days huh. They must be hardier then Bettas fry, shes been put with goldfish, scooped, bagged, then threw into a pond filled with bug larvae, algae and more goldfish, then scooped out and acclimated to spring water in just 2 days!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:33 AM   #27 
coet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
What a bummer. I bought the Dip N Pour thing to use as a medication container and when I opened it, there was the packet of First Bites. Now it makes me want to breed my bettas or something.

Can you keep four or five guppies in a five gallon, coet?
Easily. With a good filtration system you can keep around seven or eight if you wanted.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:34 AM   #28 
Punki

lol Its too bad, itd be quite a lucky fish, saved so many times :))
I wonder if two in a 3 gallon would work or 3 in a 5 gallon, i think i could manage that. The 10 my neighbor threw out i dont have plans for exactly yet, just keeping it in case i ever have more room.
edit/ Ah answered that question :))
Old 06-27-2011, 01:35 AM   #29 
coet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
I have a 3 gallon i just emptied and storaged because i JUST bought my bettas a 10 gallon, but my neighbor threw one out the next day coincidentally. Im not so sure i want a huge tank of guppies, but i dont want her to be lonely either.
A three gallon would be fine for her and a few tank mates. If you don't want more guppies though, make sure you sex her properly when the time comes, and don't add the opposite. Guppies and livebearers and will kick out babies once a month.

Guppies are pretty hardy fish. As long as she has it easy for a little while she should be okay. :]
Old 06-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #30 
Punki

Do they get depressed alone? I was wanting to make a ghost shrimp tank out of my 3 gallon in the future lol