Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 AM   #31 
coet

I don't think so. She'd probably enjoy the ghost shrimp. We have ghost shrimp with the female guppies in our store, and they like to observe them. It so cute!
coet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:43 AM   #32 
Punki

It sounds like a plan then! When he/she grows up in a couple of months ill move her into a cycled 3 gallon tank with a few ghost shrimp. Gonna cycle it first. Shes happily swimming circles at the surface so i think shes adjusting :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #33 
coet

That's great. I'm glad to hear it! She probably lost in that big 1gallon as small as she is. I can't wait for updates!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:47 AM   #34 
Sakura8

Thanks for the advice, coet. I put one of my bettas in the bathroom temporarily and my mom got used to having fish in there. But I don't want to put another betta in there because they thrive on human contact and I hardly spend any time getting ready in the morning (run a brush through the hair and the teeth and out I go), so I was thinking a 5g with guppies would work. They don't seem to get quite as attached to humans as bettas do. For the one night my girl Anju was in the bathroom, she sulked in a corner like she had been exiled to a deserted island.

Punki, I know, she just feels like a "she" because she's so small. And she sure is a survivor!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:50 AM   #35 
coet

Sakura; You're welcome. I'm glad to offer advice when I can, especially when you and OFL helped me so much already with Berry!

The guppies would be fine. They just need day/night cycles and all that jazz like bettas. I'm beginning to notice that the care for each is extremely similar. :]
Old 06-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #36 
Sakura8

coet - I hope Berry is doing better, he's so handsome. Punki, I can't wait for updates. And I'd like an update on Electra, too.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:55 AM   #37 
coet

He ate a total of five pellets today, but I noticed when the pellets get swollen with water he can't fit them in his mouth. Hopefully, he'll recognize me as the food bringer soon and come up automatically when I get near his home. That way he can eat the pellets before they get too big. Haven't tried the freeze-dried blood worms yet, I'll do that tomorrow before I go to work. :]
Old 06-27-2011, 01:57 AM   #38 
Punki

Yes shes got tons of swimming space, about as much as an adult betta in a 5 gallon would have it looks like. Im off for the night, thank you both for the advice and suggestions. This feels pretty fun now that i have a plan. Hopefully she stays tough. Still swimming circles easily at the surface. Ill post a thread in offtopic tomorrow on her so i can stop bumping this one. :) night!
Electra is doing quite well! Her and old man both. If you have facebook (or not, im not sure) you can view them in their 10 gallon split :)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....18454&comments
shes got some eggyness from seeing him on and off but no ill effects so far :)

Last edited by Punki; 06-27-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #39 
Sakura8

Glad to hear Berry's eating and g'night, Punki!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #40 
coet

Good night Punki. I love the two bettas, they're beautiful! I'll be looking for the thread. :]