Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2011, 01:03 AM   #41 
Punki

Thanks you too :) Posted a link to a vid of electra in her new area above, not usre if i edited too late to notice XD She lived in the 1g for a few weeks to make sure she didnt have anything she could pass to old man XD
Edit/ Ty coet, ill be sure to keep her updated :D
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:58 AM   #42 
Punki

RIP to the little guppy who died too soon. Got up to check on her and she was on her back, carefully transferred her to a very low filled cup of aquarium salt and got a good look at her as she took her final gasps. She had a cut down her side and her stomach was fuzzy along with the cut. If guppys get columnarius then thats what it was, too bad i was too late. My stepmom plans to bring any others she finds over here tomorrow if there are any left but if it is that disease her goldfish may end up with it also, if they can contract it. If i end up getting anymore from her tomorrow then ill post in the offtopic section, and dose the aquarium salt again, worth a shot. :\
Old 06-27-2011, 03:04 AM   #43 
Sakura8

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that. But she was so tiny and she DID go through an awful lot before you got her. At least she didn't die all picked on and forgotten in a pond. There wouldn't be anything left of the little girl if that had been the case. She got to die in clean water in peace and quiet with someone who cared about her nearby. Considering it's the first time you've ever had a guppy or a fry, let alone a guppy fry, you did really well, Punki. And yes, I think goldfish can get columnaris. Plus, they don't have very good immune systems to begin with because of the inbreeding.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #44 
coet

I'm sorry to hear it Punki. But Sakura is right. You did really well with your first guppy. It was a lot better for her to pass in good care than in a pond. If you get anymore check them over carefully if you can.
coet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #45 
CrowntailTwitchy57

to me it looks like a minnow...
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #46 
Wyvern

Just chop the food up, its what Ive been doing with my babies and now they are eating everything Ive added. Just make sure you chop it very fine. they eat the same foods as our betta's so you can try different things till she eats. It did take my new kids a few hours before they ate anything.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #47 
Punki

Thanks, luckily guppies are similar to bettas, cause i treated it as if it were a betta lol :) Definitely columnaris and now im sure my stepmoms pond is full of it, i told her to try and treat it so the rest of the fish/future fish dont get it since it can live up to 30 days in her water alone. She went out of her way to filter the pond and get a test kit but then got too excited and threw fish in too soon, sick fish apparently D; Im gonig to dispose of the guppygirl now, but that fuzz spread her overnight, now it all makes since, a nipped at looking fin, a light spot on her side, her heavy breathing early on, all signs. I treated immediately when i got her home *just in case* but it was too far in. If any more happen to need saving from the pond ill take it out of the bag before she throws it in. I think shes wanting to buy more goldfish today so they may have more mixed in again. If she doesnt treat that pond/keep it empty for a month its just gonna be a death pond.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #48 
Pitluvs

To me she looked like a Swortail fry :) Her tail looked more poitned than rounded like a Guppy. Sorry to hear she didn't make it, but she was loved.

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #49 
Punki

That pic is exactly how she looked, just transparent and thinner. I know absolutely nothing about swordtails, Hopefully i didnt go about treatment wrong if thats what she was. Whatever she was theres 5 others like her in the pond at my stepmoms if they are still living. Interesting!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #50 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
That pic is exactly how she looked, just transparent and thinner. I know absolutely nothing about swordtails, Hopefully i didnt go about treatment wrong if thats what she was. Whatever she was theres 5 others like her in the pond at my stepmoms if they are still living. Interesting!
Yeah, that makes sense, swordtails are livebearers too so they breed just like guppies. Treatment for a swordtail would be the same for a guppy, if I'm not mistaken. They are similar, just swordtails are much bigger when grown. And they have uhm, sword-like tails. ^_^ I'm worried about that pond of your stepmom's, Punki. I know how easy it is to get excited and rush when putting in the fish, but they're all going to die. :(
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote