Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #1 
Luimeril

treating Caroline for parasites, and i'm scared....

D: parasites. it's the ONLY thing i can think of, that would cause her to STILL be clamped and not moving, and would cause her to lose weight, despite eating like a piggy. so, today, i changed her water, swapped her tank with Ichi's, added a bubbler, and added 1/4 of a Jungle brand parasite tablet.

needless to say, i'm super scared right now. last time i used these tabs, was with Gackt, and he died the next day, and developed popeye overnight.

i'll be heartbroken if she passes away after this. even though i know Gackt did't die because of the tablets, it's still scary to use them.

please, tell me she'll be okay when i wake up. i'm already loseing Cup(he's just getting worse. nothing i do helps him...), i REALLY don't want to lose Caroline....

on the ONLY upside ot all this, Chappy's SO much better! she's super active, eats like a piggy, and isn't clamped! i dunno what i did, but whatever it was, it worked.

but, even that, doesn't help my mood. i feel horrid that Cup's so sick, and i'm so scared about using this medicine on Caroline... i know it's all stupid, but you all know how it is. you get so attached to the little scaly boys and girls...
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

Just remember your doing everything you can for them. Keep trying and remember: They know they're loved and know your doing your best. They're giving it their all by hanging on and fighting with you.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #3 
Luimeril

i know i'm doing everything i can for them, but it still upsets me. for two beautiful fish, who have such huge personalities, to just lay there, it breaks my heart.

Cup's such a bitter old man, and has been through so much. ick, tail issues all over the place, then, i swear to you, he's been greiving the loss of my CT female, Freya. he was so active and cheerful when she was alive. i'd let them flare at each other once or twice a day, and he enjoyed it, strutting his stuff like he was someone important. i honestly think he liked her. x: don't tell me they can't fall in love, cause he did. >.>; after she died, he didn't flare at any other females. not Lulu, not Chappy, not Caroline. he won't flare at them. males, he gets violent with, banging against the side of the tank. >.>; but, he ignores the ladies. i haven't found any betta he reacts so manly for... lol

and, Caroline... i miss my active, friendly, cheery girl. she used to get so excited when i'd look at her. now... she just.... floats there. she still gets excited about food, but even running my fingers over the top of her tank, tapping on it, doesn't excite her like it used to. not even seeing Ichi did anything(>.>; he doesn't flare. so, he didn't do anything but swim. xD). i have Ichi in her tank for now, while i treat her with the meds, but it's not the same. :/ he's not bright. he blends into his plants. camo-betta. xD
Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 AM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

Seems Cup's grieving. Akira was the same way after Maka died. He just seemed lost swimming around destroying his bubble nests. I know he loved her.

I'm sure since you caught it early Caroline's gonna get better.

Ichi sounds like a little ninja-fish.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 AM   #5 
Luimeril

Freya passed in October. i call him a bitter old man because of how long it's been going on. it's like... >.>; a fish love story, with a tragic ending. Romeo and Juliet.

i HOPE i caught it early. she's been clamped and inactive for a few weeks now. Dx

nah, he just blends in with the plants i have in there. xD he's a sweety. x: being in Theo's site(sorta... dx) 24/7 doesn't stress him out. :d
Old 06-27-2011, 02:21 AM   #6 
Sakura8

You're doing everything you can, Luimeril. Caroline's been battling whatever this is for a long time now and she's not going to give up after coming this far. Neither are you. Cup may be grieving and he's an old man but the care you've given him has probably extended his life. He may have died within a month if someone else had owned him but because his owner is you, he's gone on to have a good happy life.

You can do this. You and Caroline can do this. The parasite tabs won't kill her but doing nothing will. And you're very right, after all this time, I can't think of anything else that could cause her symptoms. But if you're in doubt, PM DarkMoon and ask for advice.

Hang in there, Luimeril. You and Cup and Caroline have a lot of people rooting for you every step of the way.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #7 
Luimeril

the tablet and bubbler made a giant moving 'bubble nest' in Caroline's tank. lol

she's alot more active, when she sees me. makes me a touch happier. she's very pale-looking, though. D: and is more clamped than before.

as for Cup, he's still eating, but it's a struggle. D: poor old boy.

all my bettas wouldn't be as amazing as they are, if i hadn't gotten them. Lulu and Caroline would be long dead from wannabe breeders(the fish guy actually told me he has the same people coming in ever week, buying up all their girls. O____O i saved my girls lives!). Cup wouldn't have his amazing finnage, Ichi wouldn't be as beautiful as he is(despite the tail biting), and gawd knows where Theo would be. dead in a vase, or dead in the pet store(he'd been there over a week, so no one wanted the poor boy!).
Old 06-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #8 
Sakura8

See? You've saved so many betta lives and made them all so happy. Caroline just needs a bit of time on her new meds and I bet she unclamps for you soon. And Cup just needs to enjoy his sunset days any ol' way he wants, he's earned it. Just like after a while, we gave up trying to get my great-grandmother to stop eating cheese puffs for every meal. We figured she's this old, she's earned it, what the heck. And Theo, poor Theo would definitely have died in the pet store. Even if someone else had gotten him, I doubt they would have known how to take care of a blind betta.

If it wasn't for you, all the wonderful, amazing personalities that you've discovered in your bettas would have been lost.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #9 
Luimeril

Cup tried to eat some pellets, but gave up. :< poor guy.

Ichi sure is enjoying Caroline's tank. >3> don't get used to it, buddy. it's not yours. lol

i don't know how to do this. .___. Caroline's meds, i mean. do i change her water again tonight, and add another tab? or leave it in there for another day? x-X i don't know.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #10 
2OH6NESS

I hope everything goes good!
2OH6NESS is offline   Reply With Quote