Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2011, 01:16 AM   #1 
2OH6NESS

Another Addition Dragon HMPK

Got this one from a Lfs. He's in a 1 gallon hospital tank due to cloudy eyes this is day two. I'm using betta revive.

2OH6NESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #2 
Luimeril

the cloudy eyes may be permanent. many dragons are afflicted with too much scaling over the eyes. either way, he's a cutie. <3 being blind, or partly blind, won't take away from how amazing he is. :d
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #3 
2OH6NESS

Thanks for the info! Ima have him in here for a week see how things turn out. But I'm hoping for clear eyes!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #4 
2OH6NESS

But besides the cloudy eyes he's really active, eats like a champ.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:22 AM   #5 
Luimeril

my HMPK, Theo, is partly blind. to combat that tiny issue, he's in a 2.5 gallon glass tank, bare-bottomed, i never rearrange his tank, and he eats from a feeding ring. smart little boy, he picked up on everything so fast.

having a large, flowing plant in the tank might help your boy if he gets scared. Theo has a huge, flowing pink plant that takes up half the tank when fanned out to hide in.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:59 AM   #6 
2OH6NESS

Haha nice yeah this dragons home is a glass 2.5 gravel, heater, filter, custom mesh hood lol, amazon sword plant (live), a big cave, and a leaf hammock. But yeah I'm Also treating him for HITH. (Holes in the head) first betta that I'm treating. All my other bettas are in top shape.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #7 
Luimeril

i'd be scared of putting a cave in a possibly blind betta's tank. o.o what if he can't find his way out? and, be careful about the leaf hammock. they've been known to rust, and one user had one slice open his female. D:

you sure it's HITH? some dragons have odd gaps in their scales, and my first white HMPK had little pin dots that were nothing at all. Xd
Old 06-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #8 
2OH6NESS

Haha your probably right about the HITH thing. Some relief right there. Haha his eyes are clearing up flares at the mirror sees his food better now. before I had to use tweezers to get his attention with the food so I think he will be good with the cave lol if not I'll take it out haha. But with the leaf hammock it's actually good if you don't bend the leaf alot I had 2 and I finally learned on this one. Cause every time I use to rinse it I would put alot of pressure on the wire inside the leaf. Lol when I have to I would go to 3 different petsmarts to find one with alot of plastic covering it. Then I would use a fine razor to take of any sharp plastic sticking out. And I would also cut the tip of the leaf into a nice curve shape cause with my last 2 I notice the tip seem a little pointy.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #9 
2OH6NESS

Oh and about the betta getting cut up that's all bad!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #10 
Luimeril

the leaf i have, the wire was actually visible through the seam in the leaf. o.0 had to remove it with needle nose pliers, and now it's all droopy. Xd

i'm glad his eyes are clearing up. :3 maybe he wont' be totally blind. Theo can sorta see, but i think it's just shapes and shadows with him. it's cute to see him inspect my finger, or a mirror. he looks at whatever it is with both eyes many times, before deciding if it's worth flaring at or not.