Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #1 
Franzilla 806

Angry More Vile "Betta Homes"

I made a new thread to showcase what I feel to be cruel enclosures for poor Betta's that have no say in the matter. Please click the link below to see what got me fuming.

The hanging one below is just plain not safe!

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73789
Attached Images

Franzilla 806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #2 
Amitisti

*shutter*
hate them all
the square Marna one is what lps to house their bettas and it is the big seller for new betta owners :(
Amitisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #3 
Sivan

The one that is a cup of water and the iPod one bug me the most. D:< How do these things even make it to the market? Whatever happened to animal safety? Since when don't fish count? These are all upsetting.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:57 AM   #4 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

i read an article about the Ipond one time, how pet stores stopped selling it becuase of so many complaints. but it's true, imagine being in a cup of water with music blasting loud all the time? and sound travels faster and is louder in water >:O I also especially hate the two penn plax ones, and there is something about thembeing able to drain water from the bottom? That is very unsafe even for a quality product, not to mention cheap plastic tanks. If there was a leak, your fish could suffocate without any water, because the drainer is on the bottom. I believe the marina kits, the popular ones, are fine for a week or two for new owners, if they clean the tank daily, until they can get a bigger aquarium. And the first one, next to the Pineapple, Doesn't even have a lid?! The water is filled to the top. These are horrible. Betta fish are living creatures, not converstaion peices or decorations! They COULD be conversation peices more likely if they were in a nice tank, with a filter and everything, they would be mkore healthy and happy and colorful, not just sittng there. I firmly believe what these things are: CRUELTY!
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:48 AM   #5 
Luimeril

the ipod one, if i'm not mistaking, was discontinued after animal welfare activists pitched a fit about them. Dx

thankfully, Pet Lover's doesn't house too many bettas in those half-gallon divided things. when they do, it's the beautiful HMs(to give them more room to spread their fins), and they don't offer a package deal(the fish plus the tank for x-amount). at least, they didn't to me. :p
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 AM   #6 
Arashi Takamine

These are just ridiculous. The Aquablock is the worst. (Sent them a rather 'interesting' email about how their product hurt Akira and caused his fins to be shredded. That plant looks so sharp it could take out an eye!) I included proper tank size and temperature as well as telling them that they're wrong. If I get a response apologizing and trying to give me false information...I'm telling them flat out what crap it is.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #7 
Luimeril

i find it odd, that the guys at Pet Lovers don't push the half gallons on me. o3o maybe they know, that i know what crap those tanks are. xD whee~ i know more than them!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 AM   #8 
fightergirl2710

Do people actually buy these? I mean you can see that they're too small, you don't need someone to tell you, its common sense.. In China they sell little key chains which have a tiny plastic baggie with coloured water with a baby turtle, goldfish or some other unfortunate creature inside..
http://www.geekologie.com/2011/04/no...ed_keychai.php Sick.
I would totally get the Spongebob if it was bigger though :P
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #9 
fishman12

I made a thread like this a while back...
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=58067
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #10 
BetterBetta

Petco sells these for 60$. Why am I not surprised there's a betta in it?

Last edited by BetterBetta; 06-29-2011 at 09:57 AM.
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote