Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #21 
Squidmagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
Yeah i thought he must be dead from all the posts ive read about bettas getting trapped and drowning. I actually thought it would be scary for him but he seems so excited about it until he realized he was stuck -.- I had no mesh for 3 months and he never attempted it, then one morning he just found his way in and it became a *curiosity killed the cat..fish* thing :P
What a little thrill seeker! Al still hasn't shown any interest in the tube, but he does like to nestle in between two of the little rubber anemones on his decoration. Or between the rock part of the decoration and the side of the tank. He just loves that thing.

My only concern now is that he's spending so much of his time just hanging around in his little hiding places, and he doesn't seem to want to eat...
Squidmagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #22 
Punki

My boy wouldnt eat unless i removed the lid, he had to see me at the surface ready to feed him without bubbles.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #23 
Squidmagician

Before we moved him, he would swim up to the surface to greet us when we fed him in the morning. So I've been trying to make sure he sees me and even sees the container when I fed him. And I thought the bubbles might make it harder for him to find his food, so I tried turning them off. But so far, nothing seems to be making a difference. He sees me, sees the food, and even swims right up to it sometimes, but he just won't eat it. In fact, just a moment ago, he bumped into a piece and just looked at it like, "what the heck?"
Old 07-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #24 
Kestral

He might just be picky. My fish wouldn't eat his food, and I changed his food to something else, he didn't eat that, and I gave him his original food, and then he chomped it up like there was no tomorrow. :/
My fish, Silver, always hides behind his plant, too.
Kestral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #25 
Squidmagician

He finally ate today! I didn't think he was going to because when I first fed him, he kind of nibbled at one of the pellets, then went swimming off. I left them in there for a bit to see if he changed his mind, and sure enough about 10-15 minutes later, he came and gobbled them up. He's also been swimming around a lot more and just generally seems much happier, so I am much relieved.