Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #11 
tangt88

Great.. Just when I start to convince myself it's just new tail growth I spot a dangly thing between his pelvic fins. It was NOT there last night.

It's the colour of poo and it looks like a chunk or piece of dirt or old poo attached to his body between his fins.. He isn't scratching or darting and still ate his breakfast but the thing looks pretty stuck on. Will post pictures later tonight.

=(

edit: um.. is this just poop? LOL. I just realized i don't know where his poo hole is...

Last edited by tangt88; 06-30-2011 at 02:09 PM.
tangt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #12 
Sakura8

It's poo. It's gross but that can hang there for hours and it's totally natural. My females do it all the time and I hate it because they don't have the nice long fins to hide it.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #13 
tangt88

Oh okay. Definitely poo. It fell off while I was posting in the forum LOL. Sorry! false alarm guys. Clearly I'm new at this.

Thanks sakura I just about panicked thinking he had a parasite
Old 06-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #14 
Sakura8

No prob. It's easy to do.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #15 
tangt88

I think.. think think THINK that his tail maybe looks a bit longer than when I first got him! I remember thinking he was very small.. Either his is a bit bigger now or I got used to him being tiny lol. The ends of his fins still seem a bit ragged but he doesn't look/act sick in any way so here's to hoping!

A new development: His colouring was originally a light translucent cream with a red sheen on his body with deep red fins. I've now noticed a pearly almost lilac or bright violet sheen to his body and that lilac patch at the base of his tail seems to be brightening and spreading. He also has these fancy little lilac/blue-ish tips to his pelvic fins. Almost as if he dipped them in brightly coloured ink (you can see these in my avatar). =D Do happy bettas change colours like this? I'm excited to see what he's going to look like in the coming month!

Last edited by tangt88; 06-30-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #16 
Sakura8

He's gorgeous in your avatar so he must really be handsome now. It's amazing how bettas change color when they get into good conditions. I brought a beautiful baby blue girl home and within two hours, she was dark red and she's stayed that way ever since. And no stress stripes, either. I guess blue was her "stressed" color.