So recently I got a snail (long story, my mom bought it but decided she didn't want to keep it and gave it to me...) Anyway, long story short, I now have an algae eating snail in my insanely clean, algae free tank. (I will stop removing the algae, but until the time when algae will start growing again, he/she needs to eat SOMETHING) So naturally I bought algae wafers. Here's my problem:
my bettas (my 14g sorority) LOVE the algae wafers. I have never seen anything like it. I will drop it in with some pellets and they will go after the wafer!! And one girl, Heather, will eat it. ALL OF IT! I didn't realize until this morning, but she ate pretty much the whole thing. She has a severe bloat now... and I put another one in and she went for it! So i took it out.
My question is... how do I feel my snail until my algae starts growing again?