Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #1 
Magikarp

Feeding young betta

Hello, all!

A couple of weeks ago I bought a baby betta from PetCo and it seems to be doing great! I feed it twice a day (a mix of crushed pellets and brine shrimp). However, I find that he won't eat the brine shrimp unless i feed it to him a certain way. The thing is, im not sure if this is healthy for the little guy..

What I do is I'll pick out a bit of brine shrimp with a plastic spoon (very little) and let it sit until it melts. After that I just stick the plastic spoon in the water and he'll eat it right off the spoon. But.. I noticed today he BITES the tip of the spoon where the brine shrimp is. He bites it hard enough where I can basically hear his "teeth" clench onto the tip of the spoon. Should I be worried? Should i revert back to trying to feed him by just dumping the brine shrimp directly into the tank? He won't really eat it if i do it that way. Sorry, this could be a really stupid question. Advice would be appreciated though!
Magikarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #2 
Banicks

Just sounds like my Slevin, except he tries to bite my fingers.

I wouldn't worry as long as he isn't coming away with any of the plastic spoon. Little dude is probably hungry and letting you know by nomming the spoon before the shrimp :P
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote