Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #1 
kngiraffe

eeeckkk!!! help

so my fish flame had fin rot before and it started to go away then came back some. well now i just looked at him once i got home that he has like whitish kinda look belly under his gills.

should i do a full water change? i don't have much at the house right now besides water to change him wth. other then his belly, he seems healthy.

HELP.

sorry pictures aren't the best
Attached Images

Last edited by kngiraffe; 06-27-2011 at 10:35 PM.
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #2 
kngiraffe

ohh and in the first picture that is just a mark on the tank or a bubble or something. there isn't anything wrong with his eye.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #3 
Arashi Takamine

Looks like he might be a little bloated. Either that or stressed.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #4 
DarkMoon17

I wouldn't be too worried yet... Do a water change just in case. Can you fill out the sticky in the disease section please?
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #5 
kngiraffe

okay, i'll fast him for the next couple days. because he is still swimming around his tank and stuff. i just don't want him to be sick :\
Old 06-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #6 
kngiraffe

Housing
What size is your tank? 2.5
What temperature is your tank? 78 to 80 degrees
Does your tank have a filter? i do but the flow is too strong. but we got that fixed.
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? nopee.
Is your tank heated? yupp
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? nope

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? pellets and flakes, i have blood worms too. but barely feed him that because it killed my other betta.
How often do you feed your betta fish? about every day if not every other day. and only a couple flakes. or a pellet here and there.

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? as often as i can. i just did one not to long ago.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? i took about 20% out.
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? nothing, i use spring water.

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? he stomach under his gills is like white.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? it really hasn't. i mean sometimes he is laying in his cave or hiding under his plants but normally he's swimming
When did you start noticing the symptoms? i just noticed it today.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? no because idk what it is. i did just though treat him for fin rot. ithas gone away, ish..
Does your fish have any history of being ill? a little fin rot.
How old is your fish (approximately)?i got him about 3maybe 4 weeks ago. but idk how old he would be.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #7 
DarkMoon17

Ok, here are my concerns:
It is important to have a regular feeding routine. Random feedings can cause bloating and etc... If you can, get into a regular feeding routine where you offer 2 pellets twice per day. Don't feed freeze dried bloodworms more than once per week as a treat. Frozen bloodworms are a MUCH better alternative and treat.

How often do you perform water changes? In a 2.5 gal tank you should be performing one 50% and one 100% water change per week. His symptoms could be due to poor water quality. If you get onto a regular schedule you'll probably see him perk right up!

Good luck and keep us posted :)
Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #8 
kngiraffe

alright i can try to do the feeding schedule. it's just so hard because i'm at work like all day long and i dont really what my shifts are gonna be like, but i'll try my best to get him on a regular schedule.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #9 
DarkMoon17

I understand believe me, sometimes I don't get home until 11pm... I just try to make sure they get 2 meals a day regardless of the hour. Sometimes it's 7am and 7pm but most of the time its 7am and 4pm or 11pm or whatever. Doesn't really matter as long as you keep their metabolism up and running!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #10 
kngiraffe

Alright, thank you! (: should i be too concerned about the different fading under his chest?