Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #11 
kngiraffe

well, i just went and did like uhhh 30 to 35% water change but then i notice he was flaring in the one corner so, i decided to stop.

is that natural for them to flare like that when you change their water.

right now he is like zinging all through his tank and swimming so, idk if he is all stirred up now or what.
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #12 
DarkMoon17

It might just be how he reacts to water changes. Some of my boys/girls get super energetic while others hide in the corner... It depends on the fish. As long as the water you added was the same temp as the old water and you remembered the water conditioner then you should be fine.

Oh, that's what I forgot to mention... I noticed that you use Spring water. It is actually best to use tap water and a chemical that removed chlorine. Tap water has a lot of essential vitamins/minerals that are lacking in Spring water. Plus, you can make tap water the right temp much more easily than spring water. How do you make the spring water the right temp before you add it?

For now, keep an eye on the light patch. If you notice any symptoms like lethargy, loss of appetite, gasping for air or swelling of any kind then let us know immediately. It could just be natural coloration or stress. The big things to look for are swelling of the eyes or body, or clouding of his eyes.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote