Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #11 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
Glad to hear their both doing well. OldMan sounds so funny. (I love his flared up pic. He looks like he's saying: "OFF MY LAWN.") Ah boys and their bubbles. Akira was going nuts like he had to rush new bubble nest every day even now still thinking he's gonna get some. LOL Electra sounds like she's playing hard-to get.

Sakura-san your girl stealing your males food is just hilarious. He didn't even notice?
Anderson can't find his food even when it's right in front of him so while she's eating off his head, he's looking around like, "Huh, where, what? My food, where's my food?" Even though he's built a monumental bubblenest (that I partially destroyed with today's water change) he was more interested in trying to find his food than the pretty little girl right there by him. Good thing too, I'm not ready for fry, even though I'm half tempted to let them try.

And speaking of videos, Punki, I'd love one of Old Man doing his wiggles for Electra. If he cooperates, of course. He sounds like he might be one of those temperamental actors that storms to his trailer all the time.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:23 AM   #12 
Punki

LOL Shhh dont tell her that! I pampered her with my eyes closed so i didnt get too much enjoyement out of her, just a general glance, body check, new plant, new bridge *cough* lol! Still managed to stay alittle less attached though, just didnt get into the whole OM SO CUTE until i was sure she wouldnt leave me too soon. I cant wait to see a video of that, i saw a vid on youtube last week of a video fastforwarding in the breeding process, and the male was being SO NICE to the female, building his bubblenest while she swam around freely, and she swam up so he waited patiently for her reaction and she HULK SMASHED his nest and he took off after her angry. I laughed so hard! This is funny like that, id love to see it :)
I wasnt sure if females could be ready without the stripes, so many people release the female too soon irresponsibly so when i look things up out of curiosity i always see "dont release till she has STRIPES!" so i figured it must be a 100% of the time thing unless they are very pale colored. I want to get a video so bad but everytime im close hes like "HEY YOU GET OUT OF HERE!ZZZZ" and if i turn the light on he wiggles for food. Now that i have proper lighting ill just turn it on tomorrow and maybe after a few hours i can sneak in the distance and video that. Theyve pretty much gotten used to light=food so they will have to get used to that not being thecase also XD

Last edited by Punki; 06-28-2011 at 04:25 AM.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #13 
Arashi Takamine

XD At least he isn't going breeding crazy. Akira's finally decided Kai's three little bubblenests are a threat to him so he's been rebuilding his slowly. When and if I start breeding he's the first getting conditioned just for the fact he keeps thinking he's gonna find a female soon.

Edit: If betta's could talk I bet OldMan and Aki would have very interesting conversations on how to woo a female.

"Well if you get your owner to float her cup in your half start swimming around and build lots and lots of bubble nests. Worked like a charm."

"So your already a dad."

"...No actually...My owner took the pretty thing away."

Last edited by Arashi Takamine; 06-28-2011 at 04:31 AM.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:29 AM   #14 
Sakura8

HULK SMASHED his . . . . wahahahaha! I laughed so hard I almost woke everyone up. I've got to find that video, too funny! That would be my Goldi, too. And my poor not-too-bright but very sweet Anderson would just float there like, "Uhm, should I have added an extra bathroom?" When I tried my sorority, Goldi let my two bigger girls face off flaring and she just circled around them both nipping at each one as she went. Each girl thought the other did it, neither of them suspected little Goldi swimming below them. She's super tiny and she was soo shy when I first got her and now she's a little demon queen.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:32 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
XD At least he isn't going breeding crazy. Akira's finally decided Kai's three little bubblenests are a threat to him so he's been rebuilding his slowly. When and if I start breeding he's the first getting conditioned just for the fact he keeps thinking he's gonna find a female soon.
Hope springs eternal, I guess. Like the poor guy who never gets asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance. Yup, he needs a girlfriend someday. Or a pinup calendar.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:35 AM   #16 
Arashi Takamine

The poor boy doesn't realize he isn't getting one until I get a 20 gal. For breeding, poor desperate Akira. (Or in the case of the guy who never got asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance: Poor Zombie-killing Columbus.)
Old 06-28-2011, 04:36 AM   #17 
Sakura8

I found the video and then laughed till I snorted. Good thing my dad's snoring drowned it out. That is soooooo funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4B_L6JXONc&feature=fvsr
Old 06-28-2011, 04:41 AM   #18 
Arashi Takamine

*laughing* Oh god that is hilarious. RE-JECT-ED!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:43 AM   #19 
Sakura8

I know, huh? And the way he took off after her too. *wipes tears from eyes* Thanks, Punki, for telling us about this video.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:44 AM   #20 
Arashi Takamine

I know! She was just like: "Pfft. You call this a nest? HERE TAKE IT!" And he goes after her like: "Wait! I can change!'' Thank yoouu Punki.