Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #101 
Sakura8

You two are like a comedy duo. I've never heard of either of those but they sound like fun. I love guinea pigs. What's the difference between a gerbil and a hamster or a mouse? It's strange, I've never actually seen a gerbil for sale in any of my pet stores, only hamsters, mice, rats, etc.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #102 
Betta Slave

A hammie is usually more solidly built than a gerbil or mouse, with a short tail. A mouse has a long tail and round ears, and a gerbil has smaller ears with a longer face. :)
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #103 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

And a gerbil has fur on it's long tail, hamsters and mice and rats have bald tails :D Here's a gerbil:
And a baby: So cute! :D
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #104 
Sakura8

Aww, they're so cute! I wonder why stores here never sell gerbils. They're cuter than mice since they have those furry tails. And thanks for the pics, that helps. So cute!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #105 
bettafreak33

I have (besides fish) two robrovoski hamsters and a 3 month old english pointer named Bella.
bettafreak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #106 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

Our Petsmart sells them, but our Petco doesn't. I had one for about 5 years, but she died of an unknown disease about half a year ago :/ I think she was just old, and her digestive track shut down, she kept getting more and more bloated until she couldn't walk, and she didn't pee or poop. We were going to take her to the vet on monday, she died sunday night :'(
Old 06-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #107 
SaylorKennedy

This is my puppy kid Bandit who is a Yorkie-Bichon mix. He just turned 3 this month. I haven't seen him in 2 months as he lives at home. :( Although I know he's taken care of very well...aka rules the house.

Other than that, I'm living with my grandma and her boyfriend this summer and they have two dogs.
This is Sam/Sammy/Samwell. He's a purebred boxer and has papers. He'll be 4 this July. He's absolutely huge at almost 100 lbs. I call him Brutus and he steps on my toes a lot- which hurts.

And this is Princess (Previous owners named her, unfortunately. However it fits as she's a diva). She came to stay for the weekend and hasn't left in the 10 months since. She's a purebred American Pit Bull Terrier and she has her papers as well. Her hobbies include insect hunting/stalking, receiving nightly massages by her ho0munz, frolicking in the fields and galloping through the grass.

and this is what happens if i leave my door open at night...
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #108 
Sakura8

Haha, looks like it's the human sleeping in the doghouse tonight. They're all very good-looking dogs, love their personality descriptions.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #109 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

I love the personality descriptions, too. :) And yes, I DO believe the human is sleeping in the doghouse tonight, good point Sakura xD
Old 07-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #110 
metalbetta

Oh, why not? lol

I have here at my apartment a cat and two fire bellied newt rescues. Outside of the bettas of course.

Here's my Tiger:

According to him, the money isn't the best thing that I bring home from work... It's the STRAWS! He likes to rip the paper off of the edges, toss them in the air, cuddle with them... etc.

This boy follows me around before I go to work, cuddles with me when I get home, plays with me when I'm bored, and goes to bed with me and cuddles all night. He's the sweetest cat I know. Outside of the scratch and bite marks all over my arm. We play rough. lol

And of course, here's a photo of one of my newts being all sassy.

metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote