Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #1 
BettaLinz

Anyone had any experience with this tank?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aquacultur...ustomerRatings

I was going to get a 10 gal from petco until I found out that you still have to buy the hood, light, filter, ect. I have been looking at this tank for awhile and I am not sure whether to get it or not as the site has mixed reviews. Anyone had any experience with this Aqua Culture tank? If not, can anyone recommend a good, affordable 10 gallon tank that includes the hood, light, and filter?
BettaLinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #2 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

I have not had experiance with that kit....though I purchased this kit for my bettas and it has everything, it was on sale for $45.it has a 10 gallon tank, light hood and bulb, 50 watt heater, 4" net, water conditioner and food samples, and a whole care guide and access to the Tetra online website for information on setting it up. I am very happy with this kit, and it helped me set up my betta fish breeding tank, too.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...26amp%3B+Bowls
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #3 
BettaLinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiShFiShFiShFiSh View Post
I have not had experiance with that kit....though I purchased this kit for my bettas and it has everything, it was on sale for $45.it has a 10 gallon tank, light hood and bulb, 50 watt heater, 4" net, water conditioner and food samples, and a whole care guide and access to the Tetra online website for information on setting it up. I am very happy with this kit, and it helped me set up my betta fish breeding tank, too.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...26amp%3B+Bowls
I actually saw that one too! My only concerns are the heater and filter. Are they good quality and durable? And is the heater adjustable?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #4 
xMandy

I got the petsmart one too. I use the filter and heater (forgot it came with a heater - that's where it came from! Lol) with no problems. It works lovely. The heater is adjustable and I keep mine at 78-80 and I never see it move out that range.
xMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #5 
BettaLinz

Awesome!! I think I may go with this one. Thanks so much
Old 06-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #6 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

The heater works fine, but the downside is the dial doesn't have numbers on it to indicate temperature, but if you play around with it enough and keep checking your thermometer you can get it set to the right temp. And the filter works well, too. Plus the replacement cartriges are cheap. Sorry I didn't post earlier, I thought I posted this but because of my stupid internet connection it didn't post... Bleh!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #7 
ChelseaK

I've bought that kit from walmart, I actually bought two of them cause it worked out so well.
The only problem was that one of the filters broke. Other than that, I haven't had a problem with it.
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #8 
BettaLinz

With the tank from Petsmart, how, if at all, did you baffle the filter?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #9 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

There is a thread to make a water bottle filter baffle somewhere....I'll post a link...I used it to make mine.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #10 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....=filter+baffle
Here it is, a DIY filter baffle from a common water bottle :) You just need scissors, a water bottle, and tape :) Good luck with your new fishy friend :)