Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #1 
n3wport

I just read on here that omega food is bad. . .

but I thought it was a good food! What pellets do you feed dyour betta? I see that hiakairia gold or whatever at my pet store, that or omega one. Which is better? They get freeze dried blood worms here and there
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #2 
Sakura8

Where did it say Omega was bad? I haven't read that yet, interesting. I do know most people are saying Hikari is bad because they changed their formula. Now it supposedly contains a lot more wheat meal. A way to tell the quality of food is to look at the ingredients list. If the first two or three ingredients are fish product, then it's good. If not, it's bad. Omega's first two ingredients are like krill and halibut or something like that. Hikari's second ingredient is wheat meal. *shrugs* It's all up to the individual aquarist but I'd recommend Omega over Hikari. Plus, it's so blinkin' hard to get just a few Hikari pellets out of the packaging. You tap and tap and they all come out and spill everywhere. :/
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've never heard anything bad about Omega. I feed mine OmegaOne betta buffet pellets.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #4 
Sakura8

All I can find are the flakes. I ordered some pellets from them online so I'm glad to hear it will be worth it.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #5 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I've never heard anything bad about Omega. I feed mine OmegaOne betta buffet pellets.
I feed my betta's the same product, and yes, I did read the tiny, tiny print on the label to see what the ingrediants are!

The only problem I've had with OOBB pellets is that they are too large for my younger fry... so i put them in a ziplock freezer bag and bash them with a hammer until they're small (the pellets, not the fry, lol)!
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #6 
LittleBettaFish

I use Omega One small pellets for my bettas since I couldn't find any NLS in my LFS. They are still quite big (around 1.5mm) so I soak them first and then break them up with my tweezers before feeding.

The only bad thing I've heard from one forum, is that Omega One foods have a slightly high fat content, and that their advertised 'whole' salmon is really leftover waste from a processing plant. Although, that is to be expected in the manufacture of any pet food really.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #7 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

IDK if this post would be considered 'dead' yet...but I just read Here Fishy's coment: SO I put them in a ziplock freezer bag and bash them with a hammer until they're small. (the pellets, not the fry, lol)! LOL I was laughing my face off xD I didn't even think of bashing the fry and then you said that and my mom looked at me really weird because I was laughing at my laptop LOL
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #8 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiShFiShFiShFiSh View Post
IDK if this post would be considered 'dead' yet...but I just read Here Fishy's coment: SO I put them in a ziplock freezer bag and bash them with a hammer until they're small. (the pellets, not the fry, lol)! LOL I was laughing my face off xD I didn't even think of bashing the fry and then you said that and my mom looked at me really weird because I was laughing at my laptop LOL
This proves it: betta owners have weird sense of humor. I laughed too, probably way harder than I should have. I'm easily amused. Oh, look, a bird!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 AM   #9 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

LOL. I remember hearing a quote somewhere, probably facebook: It's hard living with ADHD and OCD. The ADHD is like: OH LOOK! A CAT! And the OCD is like: CLEAAAAN IIITTTT!!!!!! I think I am ADHD and OCD in some ways LOL. Adhd is like: Oh look! More Betta fish! BUY IT!!! And when I have my betta fish, I feel like their tanks need to be perfect, I give them more water changes than probably need to, and if I can't sleep I will be changing water in my fish tanks at 3 in the morning and my mom is like: DON'T TELL ME YOUR CLEANING FISH CRAP AGAIN! LOL. x) Note the capitalization because she is normally pretty ticked at 3 in the morning if I accidentally wake her up, so now I clean it in my bathroom because she can't hear me :3
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #10 
Sakura8

Haha, okay, well, it IS 3 AM in the morning. That quotation is funny.