Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #1 
Franzilla 806

Angry This is so enraging

This website is utterly disgusting and that's all I'm going to say. No living thing deserves this kind of treatment.

http://www.theaquablock.com/care/

BTW the "tank" is only 2 pints in volume
Franzilla 806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #2 
Amitisti

3/4 water change once a month and only feed one pellet a day?!?!?!?!?!

scared the dogs with turning the air blue when I clicked your link.

OK...fumed for a few minutes, then clicked the contact us on the bottom and sent them a well worded and respectful opinion of their product.

Last edited by Amitisti; 06-28-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Amitisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #3 
Franzilla 806

I know! My roommate though I stabbed myself with how much I was cursing.

The website even says they will ship it with the Betta inside "but cannot guarantee the fishes life"
Old 06-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #4 
Sakura8

Take one human, lock inside a clear trunk with small airholes. Pump in cigarette smoke 24 hours a day. Once a day, feed one ritz cracker. Once a month, clean out some solid waste and 3/4 of the cigarette smoke. Repeat and expect human to live for more than a few months.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #5 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

IKR? Sakura, that is exactly what I was thinking. This is EXTREMELY enraging, and that tank is definately no more that 1/2 gallon. These so called 'people' should be ashamed of themselves! There is no way you could fit a heater in there, and no way that 1 pellet a day is enough nutrition for a betta fish. He would starve or die of ammonia poisoning. I would understand as a cute tank to put maybe a snail or two in, maybe an african dwarf frog, but a betta is a NO WAY thing. The poor bettas in the pictures look like they can hardly turn around, much less wim and have a healthy life. It could be okay for someone untill they bought a more decent tank, maybe up to a week, if they did water changes every day and fed them a normal 3-5 pellets daily, but this is in no way WHATSOEVER a life sustaining tank for betta fish. Especially, this website should know better. I expect after all the reports of betta fish dying in these tanks from the costumers that they would at least change the information on this website, instead of letting inexperianced people think that this is a suitable tank for a betta fish. This is absolutely CRUEL and UNJUST, and there is no way I would EVER recomend this for ANYONE. And for $20+ too? What is wrong with these people??!! I will be sending the staff of this website a very strong worded message like Amitisti did. I absolutely HATE when people assume that just because betta fish live in 'small' puddles in the wild it is okay to put them in bowls and aquariums so small that they can not turn around. And BTW, they don't live in 'small' puddles-they live in very large and SHALLOW puddles, bettas have tons of room to swim in in the wild! UGH this MAKES ME SOO MAD!!! Sorry everyone fo rthe mini rant, but this is absolutely horrible!
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #6 
Franzilla 806

Actually they look like glass wall blocks for showers just with the top cut off. Perpetuating this type of product can't be anything but bad karma.!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #7 
animallover4lyfe

this is absolutely digusting, i cant stand how people think they know the proper information for bettas when they dont!!! I say we all conact them and complain away :)

Last edited by doggyhog; 06-29-2011 at 12:04 PM.
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #8 
Sarahlydear

...I'm speechless and NOT in a good way....I don't even know how to respond to something so completely horrid and barbaric...
Sarahlydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #9 
Sakura8

And we thought keeping them in the cups was bad. But this is just a decorative prison, no, a decorative death chamber. Only way a betta will survive in that is water change every day and if you lived on the equator where the temp was always 78*. Oh, and this is sheer nitpicking but the grammar and spelling on that site was horrible. >_>
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #10 
Sivan

I just sent the website a message. This is animal cruelty at its finest. As a community, we should ALL send them massive negative messages. This sort of thing has to be stopped.

Also, a lot of their betta information is incorrect and there are layout/typo issues in its section. VERY unprofessional. According to their site, "The term "puddle fish" came about due to the fish's ability to live comfortably in the footprints of workers in the rice patty fields in Southeast Asia, making the Betta Fish feel right at home in what we may be perceived as a small, confining living space such as our decorative and unique tanks and aquariums."

I'm calling bull****.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote