Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2011, 12:38 AM   #11 
Sakura8

Was he just flaring or did he bloat up?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #12 
copperarabian

I have silk leaves on the bottom of the of the fry container and a almond leaf floating on top as well as two plants for him to sit on. He loves them. he's also eating really well but not too active. My cichlid got bored with him really fast, and I couldn't put him on my king Betta side because Estel will literally flare until his gill covers become raw.

He's doing better, my girl that I had in quarantine died the first day suddenly and had no symptoms that I could see, she was swimming around and active :( but you boy is doing better now, hopefully he'll perk up in a bigger space.

make sure to get live plants before you put him in (like the plant he likes to sit on) because it will make cycling the tank a little easier. I usually just take rocks out of my big tank and use them as the gravel and have almost no problems....

I'll post the pics soon, just putting them on flicker
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #13 
Sakura8

Oh, hi copperarabian, so you have him? Cool, then I know he's in good hands.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #14 
copperarabian

yup he's with me right now. The first day he seemed really lethargic, I must of not noticed because he was in a little cup :( He still sits mostly in the plants but he notices the food right away.

Here he is when he's is sitting on his tail, he didn't like sitting like this, it's just what he did at the time.

here he is now resting on the plants. He loves to be there, it's cute watching him wiggle onto the plant.

Also it sounds mean but I'm a little happy my wall mart girl died so fast because I didn't get attached to her, and I hope she didn't suffer :( if she did at least it wasn't drawn out like the sad story's I see about dropsy and people having to put their bettas down after fighting for their lives :(
Old 06-29-2011, 01:07 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Aww, he looks so cute like that. I guess as long as he's swimming normally and not like that all the time like that's all he can do, it must just be a funny habit of his. Might fast him one day, he does look a little chunky, though. Maybe he thinks he has a big butt or something and he's self-conscious about it? He's so purty, so sparkly. I really like him, MissRockyHorror.

I understand what you mean. It's always hardest when you are attached to something and it gets so sick. You're not being mean, just realistic.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:16 AM   #16 
MissRockyHorror

aww :( your walmart girl died? I didn't know that
MissRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #17 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRockyHorror View Post
aww :( your walmart girl died? I didn't know that

Yeah, I don't know what happened and I never will... I wanted to go get the other girl but I already have 9 girls in my 15g as well as my dragon goby so it's over stocked and I'm already doing extra water changed so the water quality stays nice and clean. It would be a bad idea to add any more. Plus a girl could bring in parasites that could kill my other girls and well.... 3 were expensive and the other 5 from NIB betta are precous, and my little veil tail is just a little piggy LOL

Quote:
Sakura8
I understand what you mean. It's always hardest when you are attached to something and it gets so sick. You're not being mean, just realistic.
I'm glad you understand

*EDIT*
Also I'll fast him, I don't have any crown tail's, I thought he just looked fat because crown tails are slimmer.

Last edited by copperarabian; 06-29-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:29 AM   #18 
Sakura8

copperarabian, yeah, if I have to lose a fish, that's how I want to lose one, before I'm attached and will get sad.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:41 AM   #19 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
copperarabian, yeah, if I have to lose a fish, that's how I want to lose one, before I'm attached and will get sad.
yeah me too, although I hope I never loose fish :(

oh hey, I just noticed your near Sacramento, my grandma lives in Rancho Murieta. lots of rattle snakes and black widows out there O.O
Old 06-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #20 
Sakura8

And deer who will eat your garden. Yup, it's very pretty and the horse ranch they have out there is AMAZING. The Rancho Murieta Equine Center or something like that. They host shows and seminars all the time. Not that I've actually been able to go to any. Actually kids in Rancho Murieta are bussed into the Elk Grove School District. It's quite a distance but I guess we're the only school system within reason. How long has your grandma been living there? We had old family friends who lived there until about three or four years ago, then they had to move to an independent senior living place. The Yttrups (what a name, I know).