Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #1 
phillyfarmgurl

Bubble Nest! ...kinda, lol

Got my new betta boy, Corey, two days ago. Not exactly sure how old he is, I just know he is a turquoise Double Tail male. Love him to pieces already. He lives in a filtered, planted 5 gal tank, with a temperature of 80 F during the day that drops to 78 at night. He seems to be settling in beautifully, loves the plants and his hiding spots. Fed 2 pellets 2x a day yesterday, and 2 pellets this am and a small bloodworm this evening. I think I will fast him Saturday (does it matter if it's the same day each week or if it''s only 1 day a week?) Water parameters are great, pH is 7.1, ammonia and nitrites are 0, and nitrates are 15ppm.

Anyway, the reason for the post:

I came home from work tonight and saw the strangest thing. I think he's trying to build a bubble nest. "Try" being the operative word, lol. He blows bubbles, and can even form them into a little group. And it looks cute. Then he seems to feel a need to destroy it, he swims right through, and leaves bubbles scattered over the top of the water. I'm not sure if maybe he's too young to know how to make a proper nest, or if he's just doing it to amuse himself. Regardless of the reason, I think it's cute, and I know he's happy :)
phillyfarmgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #2 
xMandy

Sounds like someone trying to draw, but they get annoyed and crumble the paper to toss. lol that's cute.
He'll get it down sooner or later.
xMandy is offline   Reply With Quote