Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2011, 04:08 AM   #91 
masshiimarro

whelp, this is his 4th day with us. here he is, a photo update :)

hes gotten more filled out, eating/pooping/peeing ALOT, and is more active. his legs arent as shaky as before too. lol
as you can see, his furs definitely growing out too, now hes really looking more like a mouse.^^

and while hes growing and getting better, im getting worse from the lack of sleep ><
Attached Images

masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #92 
Sakura8

He's so cute! No longer all pink and naked. But I can imagine how tired you must be. You're doing such a great job and you're so dedicated. This little guy definitely owes you his life. He looks, uhm, pretty male to me, or is that my imagination?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:19 AM   #93 
masshiimarro

ummm apparently we arent really supposed to know until like the 11th day, but yah, maybe hes actually a guy.. it seems like hes growing those parts lol..
if its a female then by the 11th day you will start to see nipples growing.. but since we havent seen anything...

but either way, im so proud of him. the fact that he survived gushing water that contained cleaning chemicals along with my bumbling newbie handfeeding skills... hes quite the survivor
Old 07-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #94 
Sakura8

I'm sure I couldn't have done as well as you have taking care of the little guy, not even close. I don't think you'll be able to part with him. I don't think you SHOULD part with him at this point.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:27 AM   #95 
masshiimarro

lol yeah... its hard. i cant decide between keeping him or letting him go. if i do decide to let him go i need to let him go soon... otherwise its hard for him to adjust to outside life. but if i keep him... hes forever confined in a cage,, and honestly i dont know how hes gonna like that, since he IS technically a wild animal. but im still worried if i let him out! ;A;

i guess in the end im still leaning towards letting him stay with us.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #96 
Sakura8

Hmm, yeah, he's technically a wild animal but he also probably can't even remember what being in the wild was like. As far as he knows, this is the life that all baby mice live. Before you had him, he was probably in his nest so I doubt he's ever known the great outdoors, if that makes you feel any better. And he's probably imprinted on you by now so you're "momma" to him because you feed him just like she would.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:37 AM   #97 
masshiimarro

mm yeah.. i suppose. i guess what im afraid of the most is that once he opens his eyes and his mousey instincts kick in, he will be skittish and shy, not because he doesnt know us, but becuase thats his instincts. like, maybe he will be okay with us, but if he meets anyone else he wont accept them as easily. for example, i know feral cats that are on relatively good terms with our family, but if they ever meet anyone else they revert back to the way they were.. hiss and run away.

lol idk if i make any sense anymore.. its from the lack of sleep DX
Old 07-03-2011, 04:40 AM   #98 
Sakura8

I totally understand what you're saying so I guess the only way to tell is to wait for him to grow up a little and see how he behaves. When he's old and strong enough, you can probably socialize him the same way you do with cats: expose him carefully to as many people as possible so he learns not to be afraid of humans in general. But I imagine when he's old enough that he doesn't need round-the-clock feedings, the first thing you will want to do is crash for a week. It's almost 2, I hope you can get to bed soon.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:46 AM   #99 
masshiimarro

hmm as a side thought i could get him a 10 gallon and put him in that when he gets older.. then i wont feel as guilty.. lol.
yay for multi-useable tanks! i could totally get him the 10 gal during the petco 1$ per gal sale! XD
Old 07-03-2011, 04:59 AM   #100 
Sakura8

Haha, or even a 20 long. You can get or make screen lids easily and the tank would be deep enough no kitty paw could possibly reach the guy. That's a good idea.