Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2011, 04:16 AM   #11 
Sakura8

If you're not sure, you can take him to a wildlife preserve or rescue society. They'll know how to take care of him. Or if you want to keep him (or her), you can just call the wildlife rescue and ask advice.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:19 AM   #12 
masshiimarro

true... but its 1 am in the morning DX
for now i just want to at least get him through the night..
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:38 AM   #13 
Sakura8

Aiya, forgot what time it was. Yeah. Keep him warm, I know that much. But other than that, I just know my mom would have screamed her head off if I found a baby mouse. At least, that's what she did the one Christmas we found a grown mouse trying to eat out of the cat's treat dish.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #14 
masshiimarro

lol what was your cat doing?!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Standing looking at the treat dish like, "Where are my treats? Did that thing eat my treats? Seriously, where ARE my treats?" I think the hunting instinct has died in my fat, pampered felines.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #16 
FiShFiShFiShFiSh

LOL. I don't know exact measurements in milliliters, just try to feed it as much as it will eat. I don't have a lot of experiance with this, so I'm kind of hoping someone else will come along who is like a mouse breeder or something that deals with this if a mother abandons her baby....But if you can get the mouse through to night, find a lactating mouse at a petstore like I said. She will do all the work. The pet store might sell you one that is in a pinky mouse tank if you sound desperate enough..LOL
FiShFiShFiShFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #17 
Betta Slave

Careful with feeding it as much as it'll eat, though- I've heard horror stories about them gorging themselves so much that they end up dying.

Not trying to scare you, just be cautious. :P
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #18 
masshiimarro

yeah... you dont have to be cautious about this one overeating... hes HARDLY eating... maybe hes not used to the formula or feeding method, but its REALLY hard to get him to eat. im trying everything, but he doesnt seem to be very cooperative. i can imagine thats why he isnt pooping/peeing either. im surprised hes still hanging on! he made it through the night and is still going..
Old 06-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #19 
masshiimarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiShFiShFiShFiSh View Post
LOL. I don't know exact measurements in milliliters, just try to feed it as much as it will eat. I don't have a lot of experiance with this, so I'm kind of hoping someone else will come along who is like a mouse breeder or something that deals with this if a mother abandons her baby....But if you can get the mouse through to night, find a lactating mouse at a petstore like I said. She will do all the work. The pet store might sell you one that is in a pinky mouse tank if you sound desperate enough..LOL
true, i could try to find a lactating rat,, but that would also be denying all the other pinkies in the petstore food... you should see the pinky cages... theyr so overcrowded with pinkies and with 2 females its not even funny... ive seen withered pinkies in there... 0_0
Old 06-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #20 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on Fire View Post
Do you have a pet snake?
I wouldn't feed wild mice to my snake O.O what if it was carrying a disease or something.... I only feed him mice from petco. I've tried the frozen one''s but..... he only likes the living white ones.... soooo sad :( lol
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote