Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #11 
fishman12

And he meows a lot (epsecially at 11:30 PM.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #12 
briser

Thanks guys! Why don't you get a hamster then? They are so much fun!
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #13 
kathstew

I used to have a syrian hamster too! His name was Buddy. He was friendly up until he got very old. He became neurotic O_O And would pull his own hair out, literally. I watched him once, he'd grab it with his little paws and then yank. I felt so bad for him, eventually I had to put him down. :(
He was a great little friend while I had him.

Pickle is ADORABLE. Very cute, and her name suits her very much! Congrats on getting her!

I used to have one of those hamster playpens, just watch her, because she will be able to climb OVER the fence if you leave her too long. I used to let my hamster into my smallest bathroom, and sit in there while he had a little run-round. :P
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #14 
fishman12

^cute!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #15 
Arashi Takamine

Aww! She's adorable! She reminds me a bit of when I had my Dwarf Hamster MushMouse. I admit I wasn't exactly the 'best' hamster owner out there but I wasn't the 'worse' either...My mom said something had to be wrong with me when I pulled a muscle in my chest but instead of going to put something looser on so she could take me to the hospital...I ran into my room to give my hamster his dose of medicine he was on. (I had to give it to him by plastic syringe.)

I recommend keeping basement doors closed though if you got her a hamster ball. My hamster made it halfway down to the basement one time. Also be careful of what music you play when their running around like that. Mine had a tendancy to fall asleep to guitar riffs. He'd find me and fall asleep at my feet when I was practicing during his exercise hour. He also had a tendancy to drag bedding into his wheel and make a nest.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #16 
fightergirl2710

My mice keep pooping in their wheel and keep throwing the bedding on the floor -_-
That's really cute about your hamster sleeping at your feet! :3
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #17 
fishman12

Haha *guitar plays and everybody falls asleep*
Old 07-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

One of my hamsters used to put his nest in the wheel then try to run on it. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #19 
briser

So apparently Pickle was pregnant and I came home after work yesterday to find 7 or 8 little pink babies laying under her. I'll post pics in 12 days when their eyes are open and I can pick them up. :)
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #20 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by briser View Post
So apparently Pickle was pregnant and I came home after work yesterday to find 7 or 8 little pink babies laying under her. I'll post pics in 12 days when their eyes are open and I can pick them up. :)
Holy smokes

I never had a thing for hamsters, or mice. Too many bad experiences! I do adore rats, though. Friends always had hamsters and they always bit or pooped everywhere it seems, and I know not all are like that, but my experiences growing up have kind of scarred me...

Don't get me started about guinea pigs... I had them as class pets and they bit & squeeled non-stop. So even though I think they're cute, I have this extreme fear against them.

I hope you're little girl isn't like that, and you enjoy her every day! My guy is like that, too. Ever since I introduced him into sugar gliders, he's been dying to get one for me & one for him, and is even willing to keep them at his place, LOL!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote