Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #1 
newf

New tank project

Since Chai Li has been here, I have been toying with the idea of getting a larger tank for him and Po. We were up at Petco on the weekend, and they had their dollar a gallon tank sale. So needless to say, hubby bought him a new 40 gallon, and I bought a twenty gallon long tank. I am going to divide it into three I think and would like to see other divided tanks that other have. I would also like get any information or ideas that anyone has here for doing a divided tank. What filter you would recommend etc. I am purchasing a new light online, so I really like to have some information or feedback on divided tanks. The good and the bad. Thank you.:)
newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

I cant recommend a filter for such a long/large tank, but, if at all possible, try and evenly distribute the light over each section of the tank for even growth. Naturally, the middle section's gonna be best, but longer, brighter bulbs will suit it best. Hopefully, your lid has space for at least two bulbs :D

Also, for decor, try keeping a seamless, single theme. I like it when the tank looks like a single, undivided space rather than having three or more separate sections. If you can/choose, using a dark craft mesh helps keep the dividers looking more natural than do bright ones- find a color that compliments your substrate, plants and over all feel of the tank :D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #3 
newf

Thank you for the information. I didn't think about getting colored dividers that match the substrate. I agree with the one theme idea as well.:)
newf is offline   Reply With Quote