Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2011, 03:54 AM   #1 
fightergirl2710

Talking Tranny and Sterling's development! (Rescues)

I got these guys two weeks ago from really bad conditions, they are brothers, they were put together with the rest of their siblings in a cramped tank and were filthy and injured. These guys are thriving with me and I wanted to share their progress! I got them when they were less than an inch big, they're still tiny and have a lot of growing to do but they have recuperated amazingly! Sterling is a steel blue DBT and Tranny is a blue-green VT (who had gender issues)... Sadly their brother died of an unknown disease possibly fur coat syndrome but I'm relieved I could atleast save them.

Ok Sterling first:
This guy is a stoic little boy, he is very calm and even eats like a sophisticated fish, no attacking and one worm at a time; he's all zen like :P

Before:

After:
See still tiny, that's a normal teacup btw

He gets vertical stripes like a female?

Tranny:
You can probably see why I named him that, he looked like a girl and was always clamped up, had an eggspot and everything! And he would never flare- now he's all man fish! And his colours are wow!

Before:

After:

And today he left me a little gift too..

My boy's all grown up! Sniff!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #2 
Sakura8

Cool, Sterling's a DT! And a really nice DT too. He looks like Dracula, all black with red highlights. Haha, Tranny. Wonder why he had an eggspot? I can see it in that first pic of him - yes, he looked pretty girly. Does he still have an eggspot though? They both look so good and you haven't had either of them for very long. Very nice, the love you give them is obvious in their sparkly fins. Sad about their brother, though. :( But as long as these guys and your girls stay healthy.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:16 AM   #3 
fightergirl2710

One tail is smaller than the other but who cares XD ! Yeah, he does look all dracula like, with an I didn't do it expression
Lol he was pretty girly, he was a very damsel in distress type but its all different now! There's no eggspot anymore, phew!
Teehee thanks, I'm so happy they're healthy! The girls are still being chased around and right now they aren't half as pretty as these guys but I'll put their pics and the sorority pics up soon
Old 06-21-2011, 04:17 AM   #4 
fightergirl2710

Btw this is the only nest any of my males have ever made! The other guys used to make 3 bubbles and call it a day -_-... So, I'm really psyched about that!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #5 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
Btw this is the only nest any of my males have ever made! The other guys used to make 3 bubbles and call it a day -_-... So, I'm really psyched about that!
They sound like an American construction crew in terms of production. Drill a few holes in the street and then spend the rest of the day hanging around discussing what to do next.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #6 
fightergirl2710

Hehehe that's construction workers everywhere, my friend!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #7 
frogipoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
They sound like an American construction crew in terms of production. Drill a few holes in the street and then spend the rest of the day hanging around discussing what to do next.
lol It does. Except near my house. They have to do most of the project in one day O.o Well usually. Sometimes they are lazy :)
Is that an eggspot :o
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #8 
fightergirl2710

Yes, yes it was! No more of that! Now he's all man!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #9 
frogipoi

Especially if he made a bubble nest, right? :D
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #10 
fightergirl2710

Yup yup and also flares at anything! I put in an opaque cup with another betta in there for heat and he telepathically knew there was one in it! At least that's what I think because he was going crazy flaring at it and zooming around it! Superman betta with xray vision!