Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #11 
DarkMoon17

I'm sorry your boy is having so much trouble :(
You can up the Epsom to 3tsp/gal if it isn't already that high.

Is the bulge only on one side or both?
Is he refusing all foods or just daphnia?
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #12 
Oldfishlady

Nutrition is really important=especially when the fish is ill...I am sure you already know this....is he refusing all foods offered...have you tried any live food like mosquito larva....live foods can help trigger feeding response/hunting instinct too.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #13 
Puzzle84

He is eager to eat. we fed him a quart of a pea today and he finally pooped.
So we're hoping he is starting to recover.

That bulge is on both sides but ALOT more on the right flank.
He is on his way to the bigger tank which might make him feel happier.

on a side note we got 3 females today 1 of them seemed very stressed so we couldn't leave her in the store. She'll get her own tank to recooperate.
Puzzle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #14 
Toxi86

UPDATE:

Yes.. HUZZAH!! Bahamut has pooped! (I don't think I've ever been this excited about a fish pooping before.. but.. HIP HIP HUZZAH!)

I got desperate with Bahamut not eatting so I moved the feeding of the pea to today. We'd tried blood worms, Daphnia and one pellet to see if he'd try it but nothing interested him. Until he saw the pea bits. Those.. those made little Bahamut VERY excited and he gobbled them to bits.

As my husband posted (darned him for beating me to posting the glorious news.. XD) we're both renewed in hope for little Bahamut and he's getting ready to settle into his larger tank with his other brothers. (Two neighbors only and lots of space and hiding places with dividers and what nots.)

SO.. YAY. And yes.. I begged my husband to let me pick up the super stressed girlie when I saw her in the store this afternoon. I saw the striping and the sad little eyes and I couldn't let her stay. We've officially gone fishy here and three new girls with new homes have joined us for good. We'll be setting up a sorority tank in the next two weeks for the girls but wanted to get them onto the road to happiness before it was too late. And judging by the water conditions for these girls, we were just in the nick of time. SO.. before I melt away here I'm going to go and settle in my girls.

I'll keep everyone posted to anything else with Bahamut. Thank you for all the help and support. We've really appreciated it!
Toxi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #15 
youlovegnats

Yaaaaayyy!! Congrats!! I'm glad he's finally eating! ^^

I also LOVE how you named all your 3 males after Final Fantasy things! xD
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #16 
Toxi86

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
Yaaaaayyy!! Congrats!! I'm glad he's finally eating! ^^

I also LOVE how you named all your 3 males after Final Fantasy things! xD
Thankies! ^^ Well wishes helped little Bahamut very much; and the advice for treatment. We're all eternally grateful.

Also, Thanks again and AWESOME for naming recognition! ^^ Yes, all three of my males are named after Final Fantasy summons or.. the summons in general and I'm planning on getting a girl in the future who will be Shiva. Hubby has two other FF 8 GF named fish and then one from Mr. Popper's Penguins because he thought the name was funny.

As for the new girls that are here right now.. I'm not certain what to name them. Going through some naming lists now and I'm wondering if I want to continue with my current theme or something else.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #17 
youlovegnats

Hahaha, you should name them after the characters- except the ones that aren't super popular. xD Like Maester Mika, Lene, Irvine...etc.... xDDD
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #18 
Puzzle84

Our little floater actually spend quite some time at the bottom of the tank yesterday last night. so we are hopefull. he is back at the top now but he had a huge breakthrough. he seems a little feistier as well so maybe that's going to help him recover now.

Thanks for all the advice :D
Puzzle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #19 
Toxi86

UPDATE:

I'm still on high alert for Bahamut and he continues to recover slowly but surly. Yesterday he wasn't fed because he seemed a little sluggish and uninterested. But today he's more lively so we've started him on smaller portions of food to be monitored and tracked strictly. We don't want a return to the floaty dull-drums so quickly.

So, now he's swimming around more and hiding from time to time in his new ornament (he loves it! XD) and he's eaten this morning fairly easily. We're going to wait and see how he does over the next 24 hours then update again.

But.. the red alert level on Bahamut has gone down to a level orange.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #20 
bahamut285

This is kind of creepy......*covers up username*
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote