Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2011, 10:00 PM   #1 
animallover4lyfe

Exclamation PEOPLE FROM ONTARIO, CANADA come here PLEASE :)

Hi everyone :)
I was wondering if there is anyone out there from ontario (toronto, mississauga, oakville, burlington, hamilton area) that would like to split shipping for bettas from aquabid? I currently havent bought any but I did bid on two so far. Shipping is absolutely ridiculously expensive, its now $90 for shipping plus 15$ per betta on top of the $90. So we would split the $90, and you would be responsible for your own $15 per betta fee. I would ship it to my work place (Pet Paradise) here in Burlington, and you would have to pickup or I could meet you halfway etc. Shipping it to a business would be proper I think that way theres no thoughts of anyone being scammed or what not. PLEASE let me know if you are interested, shipping is SO expensive on my own, and I thought Id try to find someone to ship with me. Forgot to also mention, the $90 is only up to 6 bettas, so it would be 3 each unless you want more than obviously go up a box and split the difference.
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #2 
Jessabell

I'd take you up on the offer, but I'm on the U.S. lol. Good luck!
Jessabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #3 
betta dude

nope im from utah
betta dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #4 
bahamut285

OH MY GOD YES PLEASE LOL I LIVE 20 MINUTES FROM BURLY XD

I'm only looking at 1 betta though, I don't have space for 3 T__T

EDIT: However, right now I'm seeing if there is a cheaper transshipper for us denizens of Canada, I'll post back here after any info

Last edited by bahamut285; 06-29-2011 at 12:16 AM.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #5 
bahamut285

Oh yeah, I'm in Hamilton, near McMaster :P
Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #6 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
OH MY GOD YES PLEASE LOL I LIVE 20 MINUTES FROM BURLY XD

I'm only looking at 1 betta though, I don't have space for 3 T__T

EDIT: However, right now I'm seeing if there is a cheaper transshipper for us denizens of Canada, I'll post back here after any info
Yay!!! Its so expensive to do it alone, so it would be half and half is that ok? Either way I get one betta and you get one, it would still be $90 for the box so stupid, so it would be $45 each ok? are you comfortable with it being shipped to my work as well?
Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #7 
animallover4lyfe

also, i doubt you will find any other transhippers, the previous ones that use to do it dont anymore :( i miss them i wish they still did i saved so much money!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #8 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover4lyfe View Post
Yay!!! Its so expensive to do it alone, so it would be half and half is that ok? Either way I get one betta and you get one, it would still be $90 for the box so stupid, so it would be $45 each ok? are you comfortable with it being shipped to my work as well?
Awesome, I am definitely OK with paying $45 each, 50% off is better than nothing, hahaha! I am actually more comfortable shipping it to your work, it would be easier for me to find the place, XD!

So how is this going to work? I haven't bid on my boy yet :P Should I do that now? He's got 12h left
Old 06-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #9 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
Awesome, I am definitely OK with paying $45 each, 50% off is better than nothing, hahaha! I am actually more comfortable shipping it to your work, it would be easier for me to find the place, XD!

So how is this going to work? I haven't bid on my boy yet :P Should I do that now? He's got 12h left
Yes bid on him and pay for him like you normally would. Im gonna ask the transhipper to combine our bettas to my work address wen its shipping time so ill need your full name and address i guess and username if thats ok otherwise ill ask david what he needs. Dont pay me for shipping you can give me cash the day they are delivered to my work place. Ill give you the full address my name etc. So that your more comfortable with this. My work is called pet paradise our website is www.petparadise.info and phone number 905 331 7381 so you just know! :) ummmm if i think or anything else to add i will lol so just note that it will be $45 (half of the $90) shipping and the $15 fee that david charges per betta, so if your getting only one the total is $60.

Anyone else who wants to join in is welcome we could just get a bigger box!!! Lol
Old 06-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #10 
bahamut285

Okay I just bid on him, haha. I'll PM you my stuffs, along with remembering to bring $60 cash with me!

Oh, in case you need it for some reason, this is my boy's auction that I just bid on: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1309423907