Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #11 
Bettaluver4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Aw, pepper is so cute! I've been thinking about getting one, I was either going to name him geico or Leo :). Do you have an idea as the what color morph he is?
Thank you! I lufs Pepper. I so totally was going to name him "Geicko" spelled a little funny lke that, but I was thinking he'd be covered in spots, so I named him Pepper. He is a Super Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail baldy. This means he's going to be a pretty bright orangy yellow, with 1/4 of his tail orange and the rest with black and white spots. His actually body though won't have any spots, hence the "baldy". :D
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #12 
ChelseaK

Here are a few pictures I have.

Here's the set up. I had a stump that's attached to a rock that came with the tank that would be perfect, but it wouldn't fit anywhere :( But I still like the set up :)

She was very curious when she first went in her new home.

I love her coloring! I have no idea how to identify their coloring or anything like that. :( But I might be getting another one from my aunt's friend that breeds them, maybe she'll be able to tell me

Gah! Love her tail too! She's so adorable.

We had to pick her up to tell she's a her earlier today so she's not wanting to play at all right now :( Otherwise I'd take a few more.
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #13 
Bettaluver4evr

Your setup looks great! :D And what a gorgeous gecko, you can already tell it's a girl? :D I can't tell yet, my baby's only 2 months old. ;) Looks to me like a tangerine carrot tail, perhaps. And around... 2-3ish months old? :D Just a reccomendation, but: Geckos love open spaces too on the ground to walk around in, so if you take out just a couple rocks, that might make her happier. But just a suggestion! Looks good. :) She's very cute! Within the next few days, she'll get fatter and her tail will get nice and plump. :) Congrats! As she sheds her color will change too. :D You can start really holding her after 3 or 4 days so she can settle in right. I was able to hold Pepper for 25 minutes once, no problems, just 2 weeks after I got him. Now I hold him about 10 minutes every morning, and occasionally at night.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #14 
ChelseaK

My aunt told me a trick. Look at the base of your geckos tail with a flashlight. If he is a boy, you will be able to see blood vessels, but there won't be anything there if she's a girl. My aunt is a vet and has many friends that raise/breed lizards and one of her friends told her the trick. You can actually tell right from when they hatch what gender they are this way! I took out a rock and one of the small pieces of wood so she has more room to walk around. I was able to put her in her moist hide for a moment just so she kinda knows where it is now, and I'm going to put a cricket in for her in a little while.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #15 
Bettaluver4evr

I tried that actually! And I did see a large blood vessel, but I found out later that it was probably the major blood vessel that runs through the tail, so I won't know for a while! I want a girl, but with my luck, it's probably a boy. ;) That all sounds good! She's a very cute gecko. :D I love her colors and patterns. ;) Lots of luck with her! Please keep me updated and send me more pics every now and again? :)
Old 07-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #16 
ChelseaK

Will do! I will friend you :)
Old 07-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #17 
diablo13

Awwwww, the geckos are so cute! And WOW, pepper has a long morph
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #18 
Bettaluver4evr

Just accepted your request! :) And IKR. SHTCTB. Yikes! I love geckos, if you look at them right, they seriously have a smiley face all the time, kinda like dolphins. :)
Old 07-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #19 
ChelseaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
Just accepted your request! :) And IKR. SHTCTB. Yikes! I love geckos, if you look at them right, they seriously have a smiley face all the time, kinda like dolphins. :)
What? haha
Old 07-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #20 
Bettaluver4evr

LOL, the initials for my gecko morph. Super Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail Gecko. :D Hehe, that's one of the longest you can get though. ;)