Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #11 
MaggieLynn

It is just strange because i didnt think her tail was that dark around the edge. But i can see its around her other fins slightly too. It is just so dark and doesnt look right. Ill keep a look out for those signs you mentioned, with the whole melting off look. i hope its just me being overly paranoid

Last edited by MaggieLynn; 06-30-2011 at 11:07 PM.
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #12 
MaggieLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
She's gorgeous btw!
Thanks! I would have to say she has become one of my favorites. I just love her personality. She is so out going and loves to bug the alpha of the sorority. Her name is Gloria :)
Old 06-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #13 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieLynn View Post
Thanks! I would have to say she has become one of my favorites. I just love her personality. She is so out going and loves to bug the alpha of the sorority. Her name is Gloria :)
Awwww! What a sweet name too! :D

Yeah, sometimes bettas' colors can change on ya! One of my (previously) light blue females suddenly did a chameleon color change on me in one day! Now she's this dark purple-fuchsia color o__o;
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #14 
MaggieLynn

Thanks :) it took me forever to name them all. The names are Heidi - cambodian VT, Luna - white VT with a pinkish reflect, Viola - Blue CT, Gail - Blue body, red fin CT (Alpha) and my little red Gloria. Alil off topic but its amazing how after alot of watching them, you figure out their personalities and their likes and dislikes.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #15 
HarlequinBBRM

Don't worry! I think we all are a little paranoid about our little fishy friends' health. I freaked out on Wednesday when I saw a white spot on Sebastian, that now seams to have disapeared O.O So for now, he is QT in a cup with AQ salt and floating in his main tank for a few days (and is currently glaring at me...).
HarlequinBBRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #16 
youlovegnats

Aww I love all the names!

DUUUDDEEE I knooooowww! All my fish have TOTALY different personalities. xD
Mars- my red CT is a frinkin' stud! Miyagi- chocolate VT love to watch me (he's so calm). King- red VT acts like a superstar. Smirnoff- marble halfmoon plakat is scared of everything but his own reflection. And my girls always are "OOOOHH Look at meeee!!! I'm pretty!! Lookkkk!! Feed meeeee!!!" xDDD
I love them aaallll

I'm eve seeing personality in my 3 week old spawn! o0o! Who'd of guessed?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #17 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinBBRM View Post
Don't worry! I think we all are a little paranoid about our little fishy friends' health. I freaked out on Wednesday when I saw a white spot on Sebastian, that now seams to have disapeared O.O So for now, he is QT in a cup with AQ salt and floating in his main tank for a few days (and is currently glaring at me...).
Good precaution!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #18 
HarlequinBBRM

Sebastian is totally chill until I take him out of his tank in which he then proceeds to majorly freak out. But once I put him back, he is totally normal again. He also loves to sleep on his plant's leaves (which I find adorable). Still can't get him to flare though...
HarlequinBBRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #19 
youlovegnats

<3
Old 06-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #20 
MaggieLynn

http://youtu.be/AprEo3CalLE

this is a video of my girls, just taken between my first post and now. Fred my male CT is just chill and likes to flare at himself, and my girls, all the Veil tails just swim around like tralalala lets explore where the crown tails are like *flares* go away Gail especially and i found viola attacking the thermometer because she could see her reflection. and as i type viola trys to be tough and is all grrr to gail but then gail is like wtf Grrrrrrrr!!!! back and viola swims away. in the video in the beginning you can see gail chase viola away. And my other male CT Hercules is super chill. like nothing phases him. He sometimes will flare at his reflection but not alot.