Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2011, 04:29 AM   #11 
Sakura8

Big cichlids like Oscars get a lot of personality too. Any fish that has to be kept more or less solitary, I think, but bettas are way more manageable than a 12" Oscar. One of my girls bites the turkey baster like it's a UFO trying to suck her into space. Alien abduction!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:37 AM   #12 
lunawatsername

your girl sounds hilarious xDD it makes sense that any solitary fish would get more attached to you, but yeah, no way i have room for a 12' cichlid, no matter how friendly it is xDD (especially because all my room is taken up by bettas xDD)
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:48 AM   #13 
Sakura8

Haha, well, since I accidentally sucked my HM up the siphon hose, I guess she has a right to be nervous with small tube-like objects in her tank. It's been weeks now and my boy still hasn't forgiven me. *down on knees* I'm so sorry, I feel so bad, here's an offering of bloodworms, just chase my fingers like you used to instead of biting them!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:54 AM   #14 
lunawatsername

hahaha aw poor thing!!! feel bad for the little guy but, is it bad that i cant stop laughing at that image in my head? xDDD *biting your fingers* get out get out get out! this is for that tube stunt!!! xDDDD hhaha but i wish my bettas would just follow my fingers, i feed them from my fingers sometimes (the girls will jump out of the water to get it, its so cute :D) so when they see my hand they think ATTACK!!!!!! xDD
Old 07-01-2011, 05:30 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Well, I panicked like heck when it happened but now I laugh at it so maybe that's why my guy is still mad? Who knew they could hold grudges so long. Maybe the fact that shortly after, he was downsized from his 10g to a 3g has something to do with it but his 3g is the most decorated, nicest tank of them all.

My one girl, same one who bites the turkey baster, really loves her freeze-dried bloodworms. She was housed for a while in the divided 10g with my VT male and one night I fed him first. I have to dribble them on his head or he doesn't realize there's food so I'm looking down and one minute there's his head and the next there's my little red girl nibbling bloodworms off his noggin! She jumped over again the next night too, same deal, just for the bloodworms! But when she jumped the divider in the middle of the third night (I was asleep this time), she went back into her own tank but not before she took a leap for my face while I was bending over the tank checking for damage on her. She's feisty, my little Goldikova. And trouble, but I love her. Shh, don't tell the other girls but Goldi's kinda my favorite. And she's telling me the glow from the computer is keeping her awake (her tank's on my desk now) so I'd better head to bed before she jumps for me again, tank cover or not. I hope you're able to get rid of those pesky planaria, though, good luck!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #16 
lunawatsername

hahah thats adorable! love bettas :D thank you! and i should probably get to bed too, its 3 in the morning lol

Tags
breeding tank, new tank, unknown diseases, white worms