Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2011, 03:40 AM   #21 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Sorry I every ask my question. All the reponses I received had nothing do to what I asked. I have researched this site myself for hours and found the answers I needed. Great site for research but quick to make someone feel stupid.
Um... what? You mean the question you snuck into this thread that had nothing to do with it that nearly all of us missed because we didn't read the comments because we were commenting about the tank, which is what this thread is about?

How about next time you have a question you either post it in the quick question thread or make a new thread for it? THEN everybody will see it and can appropriately answer. I don't know how you have concluded that we've made you feel stupid... Everyone here is very helpful and nice, you can't jump to that far-off of a conclusion because you randomly posted a question into a thread that had nothing to do with it.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #22 
Kitten

Sorry was just getting frustrated. I am learning to use this site better and do appreciate the advise I am getting. Sorry again Mr. Bubbles is new and I just want to do right by him. Kitten
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #23 
N03113

I <3 think geek.... but I don't <3 this tank.

It looks cool.. if your male... I work for a video game company, so we kinda have not an expectation but a sense of pride in our geek-o-spheres. If you see any photos of my tank, you can also see my zombies vs unicorns book..

So when I say I <3 think geek.. I spend hours browsing their stock.. I have a friend who even works there.. but man, the comment about bettas really annoyed me. And learning what I have - and making the mistakes I made years ago. They shouldn't even bother to market that as something applicable for fish.

It's a novelty and only a novelty and it should say that. I agree, I'd put a plant in it. But I could probably build one cheaper than the 40.00 they want for it. My 3 gallon tank was 40.00.
N03113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #24 
lunawatsername

Quote:
Originally Posted by N03113 View Post
It looks cool.. if your male...

um, it looks cool if your female to? i dont get why it would only look cool to males. my problem with it isnt how it looks, but how small it is, as you pointed out.
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #25 
N03113

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunawatsername View Post
um, it looks cool if your female to? i dont get why it would only look cool to males. my problem with it isnt how it looks, but how small it is, as you pointed out.
my opinion, it's an incredibly masculine design. I hate the "tap" spout. Plus it's got extra stuff you just don't need if you're plugging it into a computer.

Now, if someone was seriously going to go that small and wants something cool and "high tech" for the same price Comstar USB Hi-Tech Aquarium beats out this one.

Or go cheaper and get http://www.petco.com/product/113970/...TanksAquariums
N03113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #26 
lunawatsername

to me its just if thats your thing, not necessarily masculine. it just confised me that you said only guys would like it. actually im pretty sure only people who dont know/ care about fish would like it tbh. its not a good product because of the size, i agree with you there.
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #27 
ollief9

I sincerely hope you're joking. That thing is a death trap. OK, not as bad as that USB desktop thingy.. but still way to small for any type of fish.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #28 
Jrf456

WOW.

You would need to change that 2x a day just to keep your fish alive in this small of a container. The smallest I have a betta in is a 1.5 gallon vase, this is probably .5 or LESS!

Shame these gimmicks people make.
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #29 
PiscisAmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by N03113 View Post
I <3 think geek.... but I don't <3 this tank.

It looks cool.. if your male... I work for a video game company, so we kinda have not an expectation but a sense of pride in our geek-o-spheres. If you see any photos of my tank, you can also see my zombies vs unicorns book..

So when I say I <3 think geek.. I spend hours browsing their stock.. I have a friend who even works there.. but man, the comment about bettas really annoyed me. And learning what I have - and making the mistakes I made years ago. They shouldn't even bother to market that as something applicable for fish.

It's a novelty and only a novelty and it should say that. I agree, I'd put a plant in it. But I could probably build one cheaper than the 40.00 they want for it. My 3 gallon tank was 40.00.

That's basically what I was trying to say. It looks cool, but is not cool for an actually fish. I would put a glass fish in it. And I loved Zombies vs. Unicorns. TEAM UNICORN FOREVER!
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #30 
Luimeril

a gallon is my smallest tank, and those are for Lulu and Purple. Lulu hates bigger tanks, Purple is pretty happy in his one gallon, with his small plants and his ship wreck cave. my biggest, is... well, technically a 10 with King Steve, but he's not technically mine. xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote