Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #31 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiscisAmor View Post
Ya. It's def a little small. Ok, more than a little. But neat idea! Maybe if the clock was at the bottom and a pen holder was on top of the clock so the tank part was deeper. A couple neon tetras might be ok in it as it stands... They're pretty small.

When I put this out here it was to share the idea, not suggest it was feasible to actually have a happy fish. It's USB powered!!!
Most certainly not. Neons may be small fish but they are very energetic. Confining them in one of these things would be crueler to them than to a betta. Fish size and tank size are not necessarily correlated.

I dont understand why it's even usb powered, I doubt the thing has a filter - and light can run off a battery. I honestly think it looks a bit tacky. A nice planted bowl with some shrimp would be much more beautiful than this.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #32 
Persica

Yes, I think it is a neat idea, if it were bigger. :) If it was 5 gallons or so, (I'm a bit obsessive over tank size), I'd have it in a second. Super cool idea.

Everyone needs to stop getting on your back and realize that all you meant was that you thought the idea was neat.. Not actually how they did it. I'll be the first one to say no to animal cruelty, but I can suck it up and admit that yes, this tank is an awesome idea.
Persica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #33 
Pitluvs

I personally like the look of this tank, and yes I wish it was a lot bigger!

I also have to say lots of people on here have 1g tanks, and I would use one if my Betta were comfortable in it. 1g's are not the devil.

And on another note about all these small tanks.... do you think these tanks would eventually cycle if left long enough with the betta in it? I mean, it doesn't keep ammonia FOREVER and should eventually cycle. BUT I do agree smaller tanks should not be used (under 1g). Just an idea.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #34 
PiscisAmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persica View Post
Yes, I think it is a neat idea, if it were bigger. :) If it was 5 gallons or so, (I'm a bit obsessive over tank size), I'd have it in a second. Super cool idea.

Everyone needs to stop getting on your back and realize that all you meant was that you thought the idea was neat.. Not actually how they did it. I'll be the first one to say no to animal cruelty, but I can suck it up and admit that yes, this tank is an awesome idea.
Thank you so much. And you too Pitluvs.
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote