Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #1 
Punki

Fishing

Growing up i love to fish, id watch the fishing shows, go out a couple of times a week ectect. My family always loved to go fishing. Its been a few years since the family has gotten together to fish but i think im having a mental issue lol! When my dad was scooping minnows yesterday for my stepmoms pond hed drop one and in my mind i was panicking! "Oh no its slime coat, oh no they are nipping each other, oh no that bucket has no aeration!" and it had me realizing that i could no longer bait a line with a minnow without second thought, the idea of catching a fish, it being too small and throwing it back in made me feel guilty, "What if the hook injures its insides, what if the hook makes it more suseptable to disease?" Im so used to checking my fish top to bottom for ANYTHING and then letting one gulpdown a hook on purpose just seems...barbaric! I dont want to feel this way, since my fmily has had alot of deaths we sort of forgot how to get together and have fun and they are trying to bring back a bit of fun into things and i really did love to fish, catch a big one, have a big dinner with it ectect but now the guilt of catching one *too small* worries me and i actually care about fishes safety. I feel a bit silly! I can see myself now...
*catches small bass, instead of throwing it back i take it home, slowely adapt it to my water and give it aquarium salt* o.O lol!!
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #2 
Smr2892

I've been having that exact problem lately! I grew up fishing too, and always loved it. Now we go out to the lake and I cast out a couple times, and then it's like.. Well maybe i'll just swim...
Smr2892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #3 
Punki

Yeah i find myself thinking "Oh ill just cast in that shallow spot so nothing bites" LOL
OPPS i forgot to bait my line :))
I try to remind myself i fish and EAT the ones that are big enough, same as i eat cow or chicken and those are things i enjoy as pets also, but as long as they arent MY PET i still eat them, i guess fishing involves actually SEEING and tricking the poor thing and dragging it out of its home to eat it, more hands on then buying some hamburger at the store.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote