Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #1 
coet

Snowy is here! :] Quick question, tho~

So, I brought my new white crown tail home with my Friday, and I have been letting him settle in before the photo ops and questioning! I can tell he is younger than Berry. Berry seems to be fully grown and Snowy is still small and fragile looking. Snowy eats his pellets like a little piggy but I've noticed that his tummy swells up very quickly. While he was at PetSmart he had a big constipation problem. Is it possible that the Omega One Pellets are too rich for him, or is it possible that he is just constipation prone?

And, the pictures, as promised~ On my photobucket album~

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...zabetht/Snowy/

You can barely see it in the photos, but Snowy has one red fin on his tail. If you look close you'll see that one fin is turned the opposite way of the others. It's red! That's my favorite part of him!

I also caught a cute picture of Berry sleeping in his plant. Berry is getting a new home tomorrow, I'm so excited! Snowy will get a new one Friday to match Berry's. :]
Attached Images

Last edited by coet; 07-03-2011 at 12:07 AM.
coet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:08 AM   #2 
Sakura8

Aww, Snowy has such a cute little face and it's so funny he has one red fin. I'd say Omega is fine for Snowy but maybe less pellets because he's so small. Say, no more than three pellets a day, one at a time?

He could be constipation prone. I know halfmoons are. My advice is to always keep epsom salt in the house because you never know when you'll need it. Does he go down in size a while after eating or does he stay bloated all the time? And is he passing waste again?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #3 
coet

Now that he's had time to sleep he's not so bloated. He stays bloated through-out the day. Where can I get Epsom salt? I can't see any waste beside his gravel, but I assume since his swelling went down he is passing it. Then again, it's never safe is assume anything. I'll know tomorrow for sure after his 100%.

He love the omega one pellets. He's such a little piggy. Some of the black is start to show up in his tail, so I guess he's feeling a lot better! :D
coet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #4 
Sakura8

You can get epsom salt at a drugstore or the pharmacy section of your grocery store or Wal-Mart. Pretty much anywhere that sells basic drugs like aspirin.

I hope he continues to feel better.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote