Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #1 
Kiwimommy

Betta personalities

What is your bettas' personality/personalities?

I have a good collection of them, but I've been able to see their personalities shine through.
First is Fuego.. He's full of himself and spends most of his time flaring at anything and swimming around like a crazy fish.

Agent is a ladies man. He likes to flare and show off for his girls, build bubblenests and spends most of his time looking pretty.

Fishy is calm, laid back, and doesn't flare unless he's annoyed. He likes to just hang out, though he likes to scope out new tank additions, like plants. He spends most of his time hanging around his frog decoration.

Then theres my unnamed copper boy. He spends ALL his time showing off, flaring, swimming around like he's saying "Look at me!"..he even flares at me when I walk by!

My unnamed butterfly boy is calm, almost like Fishy, swims around at a leisurely pace, rarely flaring. He likes to explore his tank and hide behind the filter.

Now my girls.. I love them!
Lioness is the most laid back, but she's the second biggest. She stays out of everyones way, but does enjoy hanging out with Finli, the smallest betta girl. She's not as curious as the rest, preferring to just hang out and swim.

Finli is my favorite! She's the smallest, but full of spunk. She's curious as can be, checking out everything and attacking food that she can hardly fit in her mouth. She stands up for herself and likes to poke and prod at the others.

Zephyr is quiet and curious, enjoying just swimming around. She's not very social, but occasionally swims with Finli and Lioness.

My last girl (for some reason I can't remember her name..ARGH!) is the bully. She's the biggest and tends to chase the others when she's annoyed. She doesn't do damage though. Just chases. She's the first for food,too. Big meanie! Haha
Kiwimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #2 
diablo13

My only fish, Diablo, is a lazy, flare-happy guy:) I have him in a five gallon, a
and occasionally swims around this entire tank, but mostly he's only around his plastic plant, eating the food I give him and working on his bubbles :)
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #3 
PiscisAmor

Aliquis is pretty chill but social. He doesn't move much, has never built a bubblenest, only flares when there's a mirror nearby or he wants food from my mother, and never gets into any sort of trouble. He is social though, and hangs out near the top of the tank (closer to where food may happen to fall). Even when he had a cave to hide in her never did, so I took it out cuz it was clouding his water.

He's a momma's boy If I put my face really close to his tank and tell him how handsome he is he swims in little circles.

He's a cunning little twerp though. He recognizes my mom and knows just how to flare up and strut his stuff to convince her that he really, really, really needs food and is soooo neglected. As if! He has learned not to even try and beg with me cuz don't deviae from his feeding schedule. And when he gets freeze-dried bloodworms he acts like he's high. It reminds me of catnip!
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #4 
Silverfang

My Scuzi has a broken personality. He pouts and grumps. He begs for food, sometimes he will attack the spoon I use to feed him blood worms, or my fingers. Other times he will ignore the food even if it's practically sitting against his body.
And then there is the tail biting. He is a brat, does it just to mess with his mommas head, positive of it.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #5 
PiscisAmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
My Scuzi has a broken personality. He pouts and grumps. He begs for food, sometimes he will attack the spoon I use to feed him blood worms, or my fingers. Other times he will ignore the food even if it's practically sitting against his body.
And then there is the tail biting. He is a brat, does it just to mess with his mommas head, positive of it.
They are brats, aren't they? Spoiled rotten for it, too
Old 07-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #6 
Silverfang

it's so true, live food and a live neighbour are all he's missing
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #7 
MikiMaki

Tails is my grumpy Gus. He's so small and fragile. He's laid back and doesn't really flare, he was in a divided tank but much prefers his smaller home alone with out others near. He's antisocial.

Peterson is my new girl and she is feisty as all get out and even took a big chunk outta my big guys tail when she accidentally got over to his side of the divided tank. She chased my Oto's outta her side too. Poor guys. She big, mean and in charge. She's a softy though loves to flirt with my big guy and got really sad and stressed when I put her in her own tank so I put her back in with big guy.

And PeeWee is my problem child. He is huge and flairs at every thing...litterally, but me, he's a big momma's boy, unlike the rest who bite me when I stick my hand in the tank. He's in love with Peterson and got really upset and started fin bitting when I took her out for a day. Only one of his gil membranes flairs out, no clue why, he's been that was since I got him. He's special.....:D and my favorite.
MikiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #8 
PiscisAmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
it's so true, live food and a live neighbour are all he's missing
He's probably doing just fine without a live neighbor. My Aliquis would probably have a heart attack if I had another fish. He is very much a momma's boy, and does NOT want to share
Old 07-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #9 
BetterBetta

My girl LuLu seems like optimistic and upbeat(: she's always curious and exploring her tank. Whenever I walk by, she swims in the direction I'm walking as If to get my attention. She doesn't flare much, so she's pretty chill. (:
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #10 
fleetfish

Corazon is a little goofy guy who thinks he's bigger than he really is. He likes to strut his stuff every time he sees his neighbour Swift ... and likewise.

Vlad likes to change colours constantly; he was pure white when I got him and now he's decided a splash of steel blue on his fins is good enough. He's my champion food begger though ... those beady black eyes of his are huge and sweet.

Kasterborous is a grumpy ornery old man, always building bubblenests, flaring constantly, patrolling his tank ceaselessly. He's got an ego but I love him for it.

Rohan changes colours before my eyes! He's getting more and more red on his fins. He's very sweet and curious though. This morning he made his first bubblenest.

Sunny Day is a light yellow VT boy. I don't have pics because he can be a little neurotic ... he's my tailbiter, which is a shame because he's very pretty.

Xochipilli KNOWS he's gorgeous. He's always posing and flaring and being a total fop.

Starry Night is shy at first but comes to the edge of the tank if food is involved.

Swift is very smart for a betta. He's a pretty mellow guy.

Frigga is extremely excitable, bubbly, friendly, and cute. She's still tiny but I swear she grows every time I see her.

The Golden Girls - Eowyn, Arwen, and Astarte, are like sweet elderly old women who get together every Tuesday night and play bridge and gossip about the latest things in life.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote