I rescued Doyle a while back from the front desk in my dorm. He was doing great until I got ghost shrimp. Ever since I got rid of the ghost shrimp (about 3 months ago) he's been doing worse and worse.
This is his symptoms:
- First he had fin rot and once I could see new clear fin growth, he gets it again.
- Then he has little white dots on him, kinda like dandruff Could it be ick?
- Then his eyes started getting cloudy and I can tell he can't see as well as he use to, because he has a lot of trouble eating. He won't notice the food is there unless I make the water vibrate. And he can only eat when the food is against the tank wall at the top.
- On top of everything listed above, he now swims weird. Like his rear is heaver than his head. His rear is always lower almost to the point that he's vertical.
- He never really swims anymore. You can tell that it's hard for him. He just hangs out on his leaf. He has clamped fish too, but he still eats like a piggy and seems happy to when I go near his tank.
Is the end near for Doyle?
Is he older than I think?? What should I do??
What size is your tank? 1.5 gallon
What temperature is your tank? 80-82 degrees.
Does your tank have a filter? No.
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No.
Is your tank heated? Yes.
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None.
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Top Fin Color Enhancing Betta Bits.
How often do you feed your betta fish? 3 pellets each morning. Blood worms every once in awhile. Fasting day each week.
How often do you perform a water change? Twice a week.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? One 50% and one 100% a week.
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Top Fin Betta Water Conditioner.
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?
Symptoms and Treatment- *listed above*
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? *listed above*
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? *listed above*
When did you start noticing the symptoms? The very first symptom? About 3 months ago. He has something wrong with him, it goes away, then he gets something new, but now he seems to have everything all at once.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Salt treatment, but stopped after there wasn't any improvement.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Kinda
How old is your fish (approximately)? About 8 months (not including how long he was in the pet store)