Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #1 
ChiliXCosmic

Bubble nest help!

My boy male betta made a bubble nest in a divider tank, and its huge. when do I take the divider out?
ChiliXCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #2 
TonyK

Welcome to the forum. Why do you plan on taking out the divider? The divider won't interfere at all with the bubble nest.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #3 
ChiliXCosmic

No on the other side of the divider is a girl betta, and its a clear divider so will they mate? Should I take out the divider now?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #4 
bettaloverforever16

Are you prepared to breed betta fish? It takes A LOT of preparing and work to keep the fry alive.
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #5 
Punki

Assuming you have TONS of plants and hiding places for her to hide from him, are prepered for any injuries they may inflict upon her, have foods fry can eat, homes for 100+ fry planned, dont mind daily water changes, if the female has vertical bars and is interested, full of eggs, going into a head down clamped position when the male swims up to the divider then you could but they will probably fight alittle, if you dont have all of the above things and havent researched then don't breed just yet, bettas are complicated love/hate relationshippers :P
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #6 
ChiliXCosmic

Whoa... Thats like alot to do... Im not even prepared for any of that.... Except I have a few plants in the tank... she may not be small enough to hide though. Idk what do cause I have nothing!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #7 
Punki

Just dont breed, keep a divider up, it wont hurt him to build a nest, most males do it often even without a female, and a female, even if she has eggs is perfectly fine, she can re-absorb them or drop them. Im slowely learning to breed and its such a process, getting the right foods/conditions/plants ect im still pretty hesitant to persue it. Right now i have my male/female seperated by a mesh divider, and plants around it to block each others view. Its recommended to also breed in 10gallons or more.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #8 
Punki

Heres a small thread on breeding if your just starting to learn about it. The pairs also have to be "conditioned for a couple of weeks before seeing each other for better sucess/lower chance of death/stronger fry. Conditioning is feeding the two lots of live foods spread throughout the day.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=30005
Old 07-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #9 
ChiliXCosmic

Okay, because I just didnt want to crush my males feelings. ): Thank you!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #10 
Punki

He will survive :) Mine gets grumpy every 3-4 days when i change his water because it destroys whatever bubblenest hes working on XD