Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #1 
crazyshazz

Betta's gills and fins??

my betta's gills were always a little black since i first bought him a month ago, but recently they were changing. The gills and the area somewhat around it is turning more black and then the fins as well are at the tips too. I was wondering if this is normal seeing i never had such an odd colored betta before. He is a peach orange type color with clear fins and tail and black eyes. Thanks all the help would be appreciated!! thanks!!
crazyshazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #2 
bettaloverforever16

He might have fin Rot, or if this progressed rapidly over a short peroid of time it might be the dreaed Fur Coat Syndrome. It might also just be an infection.

It would help a lot of you fill out the form found in the sticky at the top of this forum.
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, sick betta fish