Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #1 
Pitluvs

Help? What do I do? *long*

Ok, to start off with a little background. Joe's (my fiances) Best Friend decided he was going to have his wedding in Florida, with a week long boat cruise to some fancy resort places. He asked Joe to be his best friend before his fiance decided on this lavish location. Anyways, we are the less off of all their friends, so they asked everyone else if they would go along with this. Then they asked us last and told us if we said no, it was all off and they would have to cancel everything. We said yes our of guilt, and prayed we could swing it. We ended up moving to a move expensive apartment 2 months ago (this was planned in April) and now we are paying heat and lights. Our bills are coming in and looking at our budget? We cannot afford the $400 a month payment they need for this cruise until February of next year. Keep in mind we already put a $750 deposit down.

All along Joe's friend keeps saying there are other people who can afford this and have 5 kids, or they can't afford it but they are making the payments and doing without. They just took a trip for petes sakes?!? New Iphones, new bed... sounds like money hurts there hey?

Anyways, we told his friend on June 25th that there is NO WAY we can afford it. We have kids to take care of, a more expensive place and animals that need care. Not to mention my dog/cat/rats go to the vet when needed. $400 a month is not going to happen here. He said ok and that was that. He showed up a week ago trying to talk us into going again. I told him no, and we'd like a refund. He said there was no refund for the deposit (which is a lie). So last week I contacted the travel agent and told her we are not going and we would like a refund. We'll be getting $525 of the $750 back after penalties.

Here's where it gets good. Today, I woke up to his fiance's Facebook status saying "has an angry fiancee, and I don't know what I can do about it. It's not my doing :D - I can just try to make him feel better. Sucks when friends aren't straight with you." Friends aren't straight with you?! WTH Because we went behind their back and canceled a booking in OUR NAME that they were supposed to cancel right after the 25th? I personally think Joe's friend didn't tell Annie and she found out from the travel agent and Joe friend is telling her lies to make it look bad on us. He's covering his butt!!

And then today while I was buying groceries, I had to deal with Joe's friend working security at the store. He stomped up to me and asked if Joe was with me, ahh no he's not. He stomped away. He came back minutes later and said "Tell Joe when I get off work I'm coming over and we'll all have a good talk" and stomped away. Every 10 mins he stomped by me with his chest puffed out. We're still waiting for him to come over...

So like, am I not in the wrong here or what? These people are childish mental cases. Anyways I had to rant to someone, before I blow a gasket when this guy shows up. Best part of it is, I never liked him to begin with!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-09-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #2 
GunsABlazin

i dont think they have any right to be angry with you. If you cant go you cant go.
Plus they made you feel like you absolutely HAD to come or they wouldn't get married.
I feel you have the right to get a little steamed at him when he shows up!
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #3 
Jessiefish

You are not in the wrong here at all. Your "friends" need to grow up and realize that you and your man have different, more important priorities. Being passive-aggressive and nasty toward you guys isn't going to help the situation, either.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #4 
laughing

That guy really needs a freakin' chill pill. If he wants his dream wedding that's fine but the whole world isn't going to bend all around to be there for his wedding which he's already made perfect for himself.

My cousin was going to have his wedding in New York (I live in AZ... all the way on other side of the country!) and we told him that we would try our best, but it probably wouldn't happen with our budget, and he understood. It wasn't like we didn't want to go, or we didn't like him and were lying out of it, some people just can't swing it.

The fact that he is making you feel bad over trying to care for your kids, animals, and yourselves properly is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time! My budget stretches constantly, and it's not because I live some lavish lifestyle. I don't even have cable/internet. Sheesh.

Sounds like he isn't that great of a friend, and maybe Joe will realize it tonight or sometime in the near future! I feel he isn't worth having around if he is going to throw hissy fits, lie to you (especially about money), and throw you two under the bus. In the future, there could be a situation that proves much more fatal.

The guy needs to get off his high horse and realize not everyone has a bunch of money laying around or places to cut corners. You have every right to be upset, BUT, don't yell and get pissed off if he does come over, you need to keep your composure and hopefully he'll calm down, too.

Good luck, I hope you post what he says! (I'm nosey like that....)
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

He's not here yet... but sadly I am not getting into this one. Joe can deal with him. I know he's mad because he told hif fiance some lie (or nothing) and she found out we're not going from the agent. Best thing to do since he didn't tell her is to say we didn't tell him! Can you believe these guys are in their 30's? I'll post what happens.

I'm so frustrated with all this, I never wanted to go in the first place but he wouldn't take "we can't afford it" for an answer.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #6 
laughing

Well now he can take it for an answer!

I am in your position 100%. Don't let others get you down for being responsible. My mother always put other things before paying the bills for pleasure for herself or others, and it always pissed me off. Now that I have financial control, I am the opposite, and do what you do. You're really doing the right thing, and have been at no fault!!

This sounds like junior high all over again... >.<
Old 07-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

Yes this he said she said and snarky comments on Facebook... real mature eh? lol

He's here, I'll be back!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #8 
laughing

Can't wait to hear what dumb crap he comes up with to "get at you" because "zomg you're suchaa terribllle pers0n 4 havin' moneyz$$$ issuz!!"

-.-
Old 07-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #9 
GunsABlazin

Some friend, i hope your hubby can perhaps set him in line.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #10 
fishman12

How'd it go?
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote