Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #111 
Creat

I think I am going to try what OFL suggested only cause I am finding no good change from any sort of medication... honestly... and I would rather stop medicating her before it does more harm then good
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:46 PM   #112 
Sakura8

Good luck with her Creat, I hope something helps her. Hang in there little betta girl!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:20 AM   #113 
DarkMoon17

I'm glad to hear she is still fighting! She's really amazing. I still recommend Maracyn II though... The meds you have used are not used for fighting Dropsy so it makes sense that they didn't help her... Bacteria are medication specific and MaracynII is effective against most bacteria that cause kidney infections whereas the other medications you used are for external infections... However, you have used a number of medications so do whatever you feel most comfortable with! Please let us know what natural methods you use.

Keep it up and keep us posted. We are all really pulling for her.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:30 AM   #114 
Sakura8

Gram-negative bacteria, isn't it? Just curious, for future reference. This girl is incredible. What an incredible will to survive.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #115 
Creat

I have her moved her to a simmilar container but this one has about 30+ oak leaves in it and tainted the water dark brown. She still is gettng epsom salt.
I have bad news and good news. Good news is she is still alive bad news is, she isnt swimming any more and laying on her side. She was like this when I returned from my trip, and im trying to see if she will go back to the way she was but so far no improvement. I am worried about her and she hasnt eatten in a week.
Question? Is it alright if I mix the treatment she is on with Maracyn 2?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #116 
Creat

Guess what I just learned... she wasnt getting any declorinator when the water was being changed o.0 now im really surprised she is still alive... gah
Old 07-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #117 
TwilightNite

Oh no! she is laying on her side! *Cries* she has been doing SO good! I don't know if you can mix it treatment though, but I would think that you could mix it because they are both fighting dropsy but DON'T take my word for it because i am not 100% sure. I am also very surprised she is still alive without declcloriator! she is LEGENDARY!

Last edited by TwilightNite; 07-25-2011 at 10:40 AM.
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #118 
fightergirl2710

Eep! Everytime I see this thread updated I open it with my eyes closed, hoping for the worst, so far she's really surprised me :) I hope she keeps fighting!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #119 
Sakura8

This fish is beyond words. I can't believe she's still alive after having no dechlorinator and being sick on top of it! No wonder she's on her side. :( If by mixing treatments you mean can you use Maracyn II while doing oak leaves and tannins, then yes, I believe so. I think Maracyn II is her best chance now. Good luck Creat and hang in there, little girl, we're all praying and rooting for you.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #120 
Creat

Im just so sad that she cant swim anymore... I will go looking for maracyn 2 today hopefully I can find it so far I havent been able to.