Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #121 
Toxi86

This little girl has reached epic status in my mind. I'm rooting for her and my own little Cameo (who has just begun to pinecone). You're care for your little girl is inspiring to me when I'm headed into a similar situation. Much love and hope from my fishies, hubby and myself!
Toxi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #122 
DarkMoon17

I can't believe she survived chlorinated water too! She probably isn't swimming due to that though, not the infection... It sounds like chlorine poisoning... I wouldn't give her MaracynII unless she is at least able to keep herself upright again. She might be too weak to handle it right now. Fish usually recover from chlorine poisoning soon after being put back in chlorinated water. You might want to hold off on meds until she is at least a bit more active. Give her at least a day or two to recover with the oak leaves and clean dechlorinated water.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #123 
Creat

I'm sorry guys but she didnt make it I found her dead when I came home from work today, i think it was the chlorine that got her... makes me feel bad that that was the one thing that was such an easy fix I even drove 30 min out to get maracyn 2... oh well she will always have a special place in my heart... I will bury her next to hopeless
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #124 
Toxi86

So sorry for your loss Creat. She was an amazonian fighter at heart and will always be remembered in the hearts of those of us in this forum as well. <333
Toxi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #125 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry Creat, the two of you put up an epic, epic fight. We'll always remember both of you in forum history. People will say, "Remember that little betta who had dropsy forever and lived for so long? She got such good care."

It's sad, though, I think we'll always wonder, "What if she hadn't had to deal with that chlorine, would she have made it?"
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:50 AM   #126 
fightergirl2710

Everytime I opened this thread, I would think please be ok, and that girl would still be fighting.. I felt such a shock when I read that she died.. That girl is going down in betta history for sure! Rest in peace little champ. :)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #127 
Creat

Thanks guys :) such a silly mistake I feel so bad about it too... but now it makes me think about dropsy in a whole new way... that maybe it isnt such a doomed sentence.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #128 
TwilightNite

I am so sorry about her dying, you did so well with her,
every time I would get on the computer I would go here first, her was
truly amazing! I don't think anyone will forget her.
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #129 
Sakura8

Creat, it was a silly mistake but not one you did so don't blame yourself. You were probably the only reason she lived so long and was so comfortable too. You did an awesome job with her.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #130 
Luimeril

D: oh, noes! i'm so late finding this out. i'm so sorry she didn't make it. she's truly a fighter, though. she's reached such amazing status with everyone here, i think she's touched everyone's heart, and gave everyone hope that their own ill baby can make it through anything. RIP, beautiful girl. you're gonna be missed by dozens.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote