Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #21 
Sakura8

Do you have Maracyn II? As soon as the fungus meds are finished, you might want to switch her to Maracyn II. It should help even without Maracyn I.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #22 
Creat

Okay I will try that :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #23 
DarkMoon17

She's truly an amazing fish, I hope she pulls through. My goldfish improved rapidly with Epsom Salt, Maracyn II and Jungle Anti-Parasite pellets. If you can get her on that hopefully the bloating will go down. Not eating won't kill her but that also means she doesn't have as much energy to fight. If you can soak some smashed up Jungle pellets in garlic juice they might taste better. Garlic has also proven to be affective at killing parasites. I don't know about bacteria though and this is a bacterial infection, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #24 
Creat

I think it might be fungal infection but sense there is no improvement with the anti-fungal it might be bacterial... she did have a issue with a little finrot when I got her a she just developed a hole in her dorsal fin overnight that's growing and she has also was "itching" darting on the heater a few days ago... I wish I knew the underlying cause... I will try to do an garlic and food mix maybe I can get her to eat....
Old 07-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #25 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Creat,

I'm so sorry your betta girl is ill. :(

I will say some little fishy prayers for her.
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:50 AM   #26 
DarkMoon17

In her case, pineconning isn't a symptom of something else, she has true dropsy. Dropsy is an internal bacterial infection. Medicines that kill bacteria and parasites are most effective at treating it. The reason it hasn't gone down is that the Jungle's Fungus Eliminator isn't affective against internal infections, which is what she has. It is keeping it at bay, but probably won't kill it. Maracyn II will kill the bacteria causing dropsy, as will Jungle's medicated pellets. Jungle's pellets have some of the same ingredients as their fizz tabs but it is taken orally so it is effective against internal infections while most fizz tablets are not. You do not need Maracyn I since I have found that Erythromycin is not effective against dropsy.

I am concerned about the initial switch between the fungus treatment and Maracyn II since that will be stressful but I do think it is for the best... Good luck with her.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #27 
MikiMaki

How is your girl doing?
MikiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #28 
Creat

doesnt swim around as much but other then that she is the same as usual...
Old 07-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #29 
MikiMaki

She's a trooper.
MikiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #30 
Creat

Well she is still super pale and lost almost all her color but the hole in her fin looks like it healed partially and now has lots of little holes... she also i think ate part of a bloodworm today... im still confused by her case...